Inexspensive Hotels Near Port of Miami

dnice1979

I will be cruising on the Destiny in December need some ideas for some nice but cheap hotels that are near the port. Don't want to spend an arm, leg and thigh on a hotel the night before the cruise.

Most hotels are not that cheap around the port.. you may want to check out the Florida board you may find some suggestions there;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I will be cruising on the Destiny in December need some ideas for some nice but cheap hotels that are near the port. Don't want to spend an arm, leg and thigh on a hotel the night before the cruise.

I think you can get a 3* on Priceline in Dec for a decent price. If you have never bid on Priceline go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com and check it out. It's full of information. Also if you go with Priceline you need to pick Downtown to be near the port. Good luck.

Good luck in getting a hotel in MIA for $100. Depending on when you are sailing, hotel prices will fluctuate being holiday time and folks just getting away to warm weather. I would try the Holiday Inn near Bayside or Embassy Suites at the airport which at least has a free shuttle to/from airport and huge breakfast and managers cocktail hour. Good luck to you!

We have used Hotwire several times and have stayed at the Raddison on Biscayne Blvd for $59 a night. Their normal price is 3 times that. Make your reservations as far in advance and you get the best price. For our Dec 07 cruise we made the hotel in March 07 to get the price. 18 out of 20 of us stayed there. There is a free monorail to the shopping center and good places to eat.

We are going back in April and used Hotwire again and got Holiday Inn. Select at least 3 star hotel.

HTH

Al

We have used Hotwire several times and have stayed at the Raddison on Biscayne Blvd for $59 a night. Their normal price is 3 times that. Make your reservations as far in advance and you get the best price. For our Dec 07 cruise we made the hotel in March 07 to get the price. 18 out of 20 of us stayed there. There is a free monorail to the shopping center and good places to eat.

We are going back in April and used Hotwire again and got Holiday Inn. Select at least 3 star hotel.

HTH

Al

Is the fairly close to the port and do they offer a shuttle. This hotel sounds wonderful

Try Priceline.

We have got the Hyatt Regency Downtown Miami (4*) for much less than what you're targeting to spend. Very nice hotel in a great location -- parking was expensive, but that was more than offset by the great room price we got each time. If you're taking a taxi, this hotel isn't out of the way when you continue onward to the port on the day of your cruise.

The various bidding advice sites will give you information on what people are winning their bids for... and the Hyatt is still coming up quite often. These sites also provide techniques to help you win your desired hotel. I'm not sure if I can mention these sites here, so try Googling "priceline bidding advice" and you'll find these very quickly.

Check out the Hotel Chelsea in South Beach... I am securing our group hotel today and that was one we ran across... She was going to give our group rooms for $100, but I think the regular rate was only $115... boutique hotel, nothing overly fancy (free happy hour though :p LOL) I'm not sure about December rates though. www.thehotelchelsea.com

It's a mile from the port, 2 blocks from the beach.

Holiday Inn Bayside, not the newest most luxurious but for a nights sleep and being near something to do. If you are lucky you may get a room with a view of the port and can watch the ships come in if you are up early in the morning.

Bob

I just got a hotel about 2 miles from the airport and 6 miles from the port for $50 plus taxes on priceline....we'll be taking cabs everywhere and flying into miami, the only bad thing about naming your own price is you don't get to pick the hotel, just the general area the hotel is in. I picked downtown and airport.

K

Archived