HAL with 1 y.o?

GOLDENBONNY

I need any advise,we been on couple cruises before,but now we have a baby,and crazy me wants to go on vacation when baby is 1year old.Its looks like we can go on HAl only:confused: So please tell me about HAL with kids:rolleyes: ,is rooms with balcony bigger than on others cruises lines?than we have 17 y.o. with us,will Hal ,more of Hall for her,because of older cruisers?:D we are looking for Eurodam

p.s .english its not my first language soplease dont minde my mistakes:D

We were on HAL in November when our baby was 5 months old and it was great! We booked an aft balcony (4185) as we were in that room the year before and knew it had a HUGE balcony. It worked out perfect for us. We brought a small blow up pool for baby and I to sit in on the balcony.

We didn't go to any shows at night as we didn't want to bother other people if he started crying or fussing... plus we were usually in bed!

We did the beach at each port and that worked well with a baby.

HAL is a great cruiseline and we had a great trip!

We are booked on NCL for October Mexican Riviera and I hope to have a great trip as well!

Have fun!

I don't think it matters what line you sail with a baby or what time of year. Babies don't play with other babies- so it is not like traveling with older kids that might get bored.

You will have a wonderful relaxing time and the staff will love the baby.

Why can you only go on HAL?

don't ask:D

1.we can only go from Ft.Lauderdale(my DH wants to see his army friend:cool: from 20 years ago)

2.we can only go 1 week before Xmas(because our 17 y.o.)

3.i would go on Princess,but they want 700$ for 3rd and 700$ for 4rth passanger(for 1 yera old its toooo much:eek: )

4.we dont want to many days in sea

5.Soooo when I did my search HAL was only one meet our needs:D

We've sailed on HAL a couple of times - before kids - but I WISH that it had worked out we could sail with them again on our upcoming cruise. I think the larger rooms and "quieter" crowds would work out as a big advantage with a young child.

Taht's what I think too about HAL.

We brought our son on a HAL 1 week East Carribean Cruise one week before Christmas several years ago and he celebrated his 1st year birthday onboard.

He enjoyed the voyage completely!

Fellow cruisers are mostly seniors but they were very friendly towards kids. He got special attention and greetings through out the entire journey, from staff to passengers.

Some suggestions to make a journey with 1 yr old successful:

1. Book the largest cabin you can afford -as you will spend more than normal time in the cabin. Extra room will enable kids to play or craw around, it will also make you feel more comfortable.

2. Be flexible. My wife and I were repeat cruisers before but we know cruising w/kids are different. We gave up many activities and spent lots o time with kids. Sometimes you have to take term to "enjoy" a little cruise time...... So it will be a completely different kind of holiday.

3. Be considerate. All kids sometimes behave sometimes not. I always put myelf into other's position before I make the decision - if my baby is crying non stop in the dinning room, I would take her outside to calm her down, or simply go back to the cabin to order room service. I did notice being considerate will be rewarded with many friendlyness from passengers around. We even brought our 1 yr old to the specilty restaurant and had no problem. (At that time, kids not allowed policy were not invented yet for the specialty restaurant).

We enjoyed the cruise so much and we travel with my DS on many HAL voyages...... now he is 5.

We never had a problem to bring kid with us to cruise. Our DD just spent her 1st year birthday last December onboard an RCCL vessel. We are again bringing both of our kids (5 yr, and 1.5 yr) to a HAL Alaska cruise this coming May.

I am sure you and your 1yr will enjoy it too.

Archived