Bringing bottled water?

josieriv

I was wondering how much bottled water cost onboard? Are you allowed to bring some in your suitcase?

Thanks.

I love water alway get 24 pack the day i board an put it in the suit case an carry on + a 12 pack that we drink in line. an that buy water at each port.:cool:

Keep in mind that the ship's "tap" water is actually more pure than most bottled waters. Packing bottled water is an unecessary hassle. You can bring a couple of bottles to use while at port, but otherwise just use the ship's water. Saves you time, money, the hassle of packing/carrying the bottled water, is more pure, and produces less waste.

I bought a 24 pack, taped it up very well with strapping tape and taped a luggage tag on it. I gave it to the porter with our luggage and it lasted us almost the whole week. They sell 2 sizes of water, the large one is $3.50. I'm not sure how much the small bottle is. I also bought a 12 pack of soda and checked it with our baggage.

I was wondering how much bottled water cost onboard? Are you allowed to bring some in your suitcase?

Thanks.

Last cruise I hand carried on two 1 gallon jugs.

On another cruise I slapped a luggage tag onto a flat of 24 bottles.

At no time did I have a problem.

Major agreement on the ships water comment. The process is similar to but exceeds anything used to create bottled water. Basically bottled water (but better) from the tap...for free! Lugging more than a couple bottles of water onto a cruise ship does not make sense - and then only for the bottle. Take a re-usable Nalgene type sport bottle instead and fill'er up.

Major agreement on the ships water comment. The process is similar to but exceeds anything used to create bottled water. Basically bottled water (but better) from the tap...for free! Lugging more than a couple bottles of water onto a cruise ship does not make sense - and then only for the bottle. Take a re-usable Nalgene type sport bottle instead and fill'er up.

I agree, "lugging" bottled water onboard a cruise makes no sense. Just tape a luggage tag on the case and give it to the porters. Many people who drink bottled water only drink spring water not purified water. You take your nalgene, I will take my spring water.

So if we bring Coke they will take it?

Nope, you can bring what you want. I always bring Coke, 7-up, juice with me. I bring empty water bottles and fill them in the sink and keep them in the cooler I bring. I check some soda and carry some on, so you are okay either way.

Keep in mind that the ship's "tap" water is actually more pure than most bottled waters. Packing bottled water is an unecessary hassle. You can bring a couple of bottles to use while at port, but otherwise just use the ship's water. Saves you time, money, the hassle of packing/carrying the bottled water, is more pure, and produces less waste.

I disagree. The stuff that came out of the taps in our state room on AOS was a manky brown colour, and RCI do not allow you to fill bottles at any on the water stations on board. DHG and I drink a lot of water throughout the day and during the night so bottled water is most convient for us. Also, when going ashore, it's nice not to waste valuable time hunting around for a store to get water from.

On board for a medium size (1 litre) bottle of water it's about $3 or $4 - absolute flippin' rip off!

The ships water does have a high salt content to it because of the process they use. If your diet is salt restricted I would not drink it.

I do not believe there is more than a trace amount of sodium in the ship water.

Since we are staying the night in Miami before the cruise you are all saying it is okay to hit the store in Miami, buy sodas and bottled water and bring them on board with us to put in our fridge? Do they all need to be sealed packages.

Some other thread mentioned someone putting alcohol in their water bottles?

Since we are staying the night in Miami before the cruise you are all saying it is okay to hit the store in Miami, buy sodas and bottled water and bring them on board with us to put in our fridge? Do they all need to be sealed packages.

We bring a sealed case of water. Some will go to the extra effort to smuggle clear alcohol in water bottles but that is not our thing. It is very easy to tell the difference between alcohol and water if they were to search. Just tape a luggage tag to the case. We also tape the case up a little too since if it is picked up by just the plastic, it will rip.

Shop in Miami, but bring a roll of packing tape to wrap around the water or soda packs. They can bust loose if dropped. Just tape a luggage tag onto it.

Be careful trying to slip alcohol on board. It's not allowed and they will look for it inside of opened water bottles.

Archived