BC Hilton

Guppie45

Hi,

We are sailing on the Triumph in May. We were going to book the Atlantis excursion for the day but then realized that we will only be in port from 1:00 till 7 pm. Seems like alot of money for not a full beach day.

My questions are these: 1. Do you need to make a reservation for a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton or can you just show up at the front desk that day?

2. Is the beach better/worse at the Sheraton/Wyndham? I heard you can buy the day pass at the Wyndham for the same money.

Thanks for your help!

Laurie

You don't need a reservation at the British Colonial Hilton. You just walk up to the front desk. I can't compare to the Wyndam as I haven't been there. But I do know you can walk to the BCH, but can't walk to the Wyndam, so you'll need transportation. BCH only includes use of the beach, kayaks, beach chairs, a towel, the pool and floats in the pool. You have to pay for your own food & beverage there.

I'd like this info too! Plus, who has the better pool facilities? Are they all inclusive for a day pass??????

Pool facilites at the wyndham and sheraton are far better that BCH. .. That's how we like it.

The wyndham is big and has a slide the sheraton is large and has small waterfalls and bridges etc. (and another that has a swim up bar.. unless they have changed that).

The BCH is a small pool as large as the one in you neighbors back yard.. it's quiet.. no jumping, splashing or horseing around.. It's a very relaxed atmosphere, and the staff maintains it that way..

Cable Beach is more like a resort.. BCH like a quiet hideaway.

Neither include food or drink, but there's a bar/grill available at either.

we really liked going to the BCH on our 1/26 cruise--had a short time in port at end of cruise & this worked so well for us..it is a short walk from the ship--even so we had to go through the gauntlet of vendors & drivers with tours to get out of the port area---very aggressive...they should really control that much more

lobby of the historic hotel is impressive . we got the day pass at the desk & had a nice lunch--a bit pricey but great drinks & it was under a shaded canopy. For me the pool was quite large enough--much bigger than our backyard,,,also very clean & quiet. The beach is nice but not great & water was too cold for me --you can see all the ships docked & watch all the comings goings out to sea...lots of sailboats etc going by...

I would not say it is a fun resort beach/pool type of place but just a lovely spot to unwind at the end of a busy cruise...have not been to the others but I am not a beach person--just wanted the pool--I have a pic of the pool & gen area. if you post your e-mail I can send a few pics to you

Archived