I was reading my docs and have questions...

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

For 1- what is the big deal about people not being able to drink their own alcohol on the ship? Is this a legal or liability matter or is it simply that the cruise lines would rather you to spend your money on their over priced drinks?

Also, it says max. occupancy per room is 4. What if a husband and wife were cruising with 3 or 4 young kids?

For 1- what is the big deal about people not being able to drink their own alcohol on the ship? Is this a legal or liability matter or is it simply that the cruise lines would rather you to spend your money on their over priced drinks?

Also, it says max. occupancy per room is 4. What if a husband and wife were cruising with 3 or 4 young kids?

It's all three. Naturally, they would rather you spend money on their drinks. That's how they make money. It's also a liability thing. There have been a few who have overindulged to the point of falling off the ship. They can keep a better handle on the amount that people drink by being able to cut them off when they've had too much.

If a husband and wife were cruising with 3 or 4 young kids, they have two choices. 1. They can get two cabins either adjoining each other or across the hall from each other. 2. They can get a suite that handles more than four people. Even with four people in one cabin, it would be tight.

There is no problem with people drinking their own alcohol on the ship... they don't want you to BRING your own alcohol on the ship :D As for overpriced drinks, the drinks are very well in line with any decent bar or restaurant on land...

Only the older ships have cabins that accomodate 5 people. If they have 4 kids, they would have to get 2 cabins. If they have 3 kids and want 1 room, it would have to be on a ship that accomodated 5 to a cabin.

You can order in your own bottle on carnival thru their bon voyage dept. Then you can drink all you want in your cabin. Or you can do a creative solution as others have, hide alcohol in your suitcase. Myself, I can't be bothered I just order in on carnival.

For the kids, book rccl royal family suite. You need a min of 5 people to book it. Or you can do ncl suites. They also hold up to 8 people. Or you can just book two cabins. Some of carnival's ships will allow 5 to a cabin, such as the fantasy class. Or you can leave the kids home with grandma ;)

There are always choices to be made. No one is forcing you to sail with carnival. There are other lines that are set up for families with more than 2 children. However, suites are more pricey than getting two balcony cabins or certainly much more expensive than 2 insides or 2 oceanviews.

For every obstacle you put up here towards cruising, snoopy girl, there are always solutions.

We are In a balcony and my son & his 3 kids are also in a balcony on the Triumph. Two in the bed (Parents) one child on the couch, one in a drop down bunk, and the 3rd child on a roll away that they will bring in nightly.

We've booked the Triumph with 5 people in one room. My wife and I and 3 kids. Pretty cramped though. Another option is adjoining rooms or a suite, which we've also done with kids.

As for the booze thing, they would rather make money than not. I've never seen anyone cut-off from the bar. Not that it hasn't happened, I just haven't seen it.

It's all three. Naturally, they would rather you spend money on their drinks. That's how they make money. It's also a liability thing. There have been a few who have overindulged to the point of falling off the ship. They can keep a better handle on the amount that people drink by being able to cut them off when they've had too much.

If a husband and wife were cruising with 3 or 4 young kids, they have two choices. 1. They can get two cabins either adjoining each other or across the hall from each other. 2. They can get a suite that handles more than four people. Even with four people in one cabin, it would be tight.

Just look at the kid who died on board because he brought his own alcohol on board in mouthwash bottles, soda bottles, and things like that. They found him in his stateroom dead one day. this is why it is a liability thing.

However, I have seen people carry on 3 bottles or more of alcohol. Me myself carried 1 last year, a bottle of champange. I just carried it on with 2 bottles of sparkling cider. had no problems. Just tell them it is non alcoholic, and you go right through. Otherwise, they may conviscate it. OR get a hard sided suitcase, and send it through checked luggage. I do my soda's that way.

When cruising with kids, some of the larger ships do not have connecting staterooms other than through the balcony. I would suggest getting a cabin across the hall for the younger kids. Some catagory 6E's are connecting cabins. they are the family suites, and are limited as to connecting. About 5 total connections.

We traveled with a family last year who had 2 balconys and 1 interior. the balcony rooms were for the adults and the interior for their kids. It was their parents and them, and the kids.

Check with the PVP about how many can sleep in the family suite.

We've booked the Triumph with 5 people in one room. My wife and I and 3 kids. Pretty cramped though. Another option is adjoining rooms or a suite, which we've also done with kids.

As for the booze thing, they would rather make money than not. I've never seen anyone cut-off from the bar. Not that it hasn't happened, I just haven't seen it.

I've seen it once on every cruise... but it has to be pretty bad. Like on the Conquest, the girl had to fall off the barstool TWICE before they shut down her S&S card :p LOL

I've seen it once on every cruise... but it has to be pretty bad. Like on the Conquest, the girl had to fall off the barstool TWICE before they shut down her S&S card :p LOL

I thought it was three times. :confused:

As for booking 5 on the Triumph yes you can. Only the Spirit and Conquest classes are limited to 4 per room (by Coast Guard regs).

I thought it was three times. :confused:

As for booking 5 on the Triumph yes you can. Only the Spirit and Conquest classes are limited to 4 per room (by Coast Guard regs).

You know Duck, as soon as I typed it, I realized it was 3 not 2 :p LOL That girl was FACED!!!!! She pulled out about 300 receipts from her purse :p

Archived