Grandeur & Other Questions

My wife, 10 year old son, my parents and I are leaving April 5th on the Grandeur of the Seas. We've been on the several ships and classes (see signature below), and are wondering how the Grandeur compares to the Radiance class ships. We've read read RCCL's descriptions - just wondering how those of you that may have been on both compare the two. Also, we're wondering when the two formal nights are on this route. Assuming the two at sea days (Sunday and Friday)? Finally, any "must do" excursions you'd recommend. We've heard the cave tubing in Belize is one not to be missed. We're not "tied" to the parents, and we definitely like "active" excursions (ATV'ing in Aruba, glacier hiking in Alaska, etc.).

After 16-plus inches of snow yesterday here, we're really looking forward to stepping on board, grabbing that first "refreshment", and sighing to ourselves, "Ahhhh....we're home again."

You will find that Grandeur has less bells and whistles then your Voyager class and Radiance class ships had. She is a bit older. We've sailed her, on a 13 day repo, and had one of our very best cruises ever. She has the solarium pool and rock wall, but that's about all compared to the Radiance and Voyager class ships.

We've been on Brilliance and Jewel (have Independence and Voyager booked). She is a smaller ship, compared to the above.

However, a lotta fun, with an excellent staff and crew!

You will love Grandeur. We did.

Rick and Deirdra

We had a great time on GOS. I did miss a few Voyager class ammenities but oh well, it was a great cruise and nice ship just the same. I was pleased to run into CC friends on the ship more often on the smaller ship.

Adventure Ocean was very nice on GOS, I know DD loved being in there. I expect she is going to be blown away at what it will be like on NOS and later VOS.

Have a great cruise.

Archived