Post Cruise Flight

sailinghighseas

I am concerned as time gets closer that I have booked my post cruise flight too early. Even though we have planned to self disembark, our flight out of Tampa is at 11:47am. What are your thoughts?? I could always change it (for $60++ for my BF and I).

Holly in SC:confused:

We had a flight leave at 10:40am one year and we did the self embark and made it in plenty of time. As long as you do the self-assist you should have plenty of time.

I made a mistake when I booked my return air...leaving at 10:17 a.m. from Miami, not 12:15 as I had thought. AirTran wants 165 bucks to change it! :mad: The fare is the same, but it's their SERVICE fee...some service! :mad: Anyway, what exactly is self-assist? (If I use it, could I then make my flight?:confused: Thanks for any help!:D

I made a mistake when I booked my return air...leaving at 10:17 a.m. from Miami, not 12:15 as I had thought. AirTran wants 165 bucks to change it! :mad: The fare is the same, but it's their SERVICE fee...some service! :mad: Anyway, what exactly is self-assist? (If I use it, could I then make my flight?:confused: Thanks for any help!:D
Here I am worried about my 11:37am flight and you have me beat by 80 minutes.

At any rate, self-assist debarkation requires that you be able to carry all your luggage, buy yourself, in one trip. If you can do that, you can do the self-assist debarkation and be one of the first off the ship. In my opinion, this is the only way you will make your flight on time.

If you don't do self-assist, you leave your luggage out the night before and pick it up after you get off the ship. So, those that can pack light (or are strong) are offered the chance to get off early. After you get past customs you can get a porter to help you.

You do have two other options:

1) Early in the cruise go to guest relations and explain your problem (have proof of the early flight in hand). They can then offer you one of the early disembarkation times. I don't know if it will help, but you might try putting a little water in your eyes (fake tears) before you go to guest relations.

2) Book a shore excursion in Miami through Carnival. It will cost you about $40 - $50, but that is less than $165 service fee AirTran is charging. Once outside, head to a taxi, not the bus (if you go on the tour I guarantee you will miss the flight). The shore excursion groups are one of the first ones off.

FYI - suite passengers don't get early disembarkation privileges, but CVC members and platinum members (ten or more cruises) do.

"FYI - suite passengers don't get early disembarkation privileges, but CVC members and platinum members (ten or more cruises) do.

"

I am going to sound really stupid, but how do you prove you're a CVC member? Am I one? I honestly don't know!:confused:

Oh, and btw, I was able to change my flight for 15$ instead of 165$. Per advice by my PVP, I called back and was more insistant. It worked!:D

Love all the great advice I get here!:D :D :D

I am going to sound really stupid, but how do you prove you're a CVC member? Am I one? I honestly don't know!:confused:

Oh, and btw, I was able to change my flight for 15$ instead of 165$. Per advice by my PVP, I called back and was more insistant. It worked!:D

Good for you! I'm glad it worked out ;)

You should have received a card (credit card sized) with the packet of material they give you. I got mine in May 2004 on the Pride. Oh, and BTW, I didn't think your question was "stupid".

We always do self-assist debarkation. Our first cruise we didnt and it was just a mess. Took forever to get off the ship, and then trying to find the luggage in a big warehouse with the rest of the ship's passengers was nuts.

We did have an issue on our last cruise with self-assist, that delayed us about an hour or so. It was storming, and as we finally go to customs, they stopped the whole debarkation process, not wanting people to go out in the storm. The worst part was they had my brother and I go down the escalator to customs, but stopped our parents at the top of the escalator. They wouldnt let us go back up, or our parents come down... and had a guard 'watching over' us making sure we didnt. We just thought the entire thing was pretty stupid.

So anyways... it may be cutting it close. How far is the port from the airport, as that might be a big factor. Also, if you changed your flight that morning, would it still just be the same service fee? If so, maybe you just see how it goes, and if you cant make it, then change it. Just a thought. Good Luck

Had an 11:25 am flight out of Tampa in March 06. Took proof of our flights down to the pursers desk and received VIP luggage tags. We didn't do self assist because we had 5 teenage girls with us ..... can you say waaayyyyy to much luggage:rolleyes: .... but were in the next group off and made it to the airport by 9:40 am.... this is just our experience can't guarantee it will happen that way every time....

How does one apply to become a member? I must not be one, cuz I've certainly never received any card or anything! I'd love to join, tho!:D :D
CVC is Carnival Vacation Club. Without going into a lot of details, it is kind of like a timeshare. However, there have been some complaints about the product and I believe that Carnival is no longer allowing anymore memberships to be sold.

On our last cruise we also went to the front desk with proof of our flight time and then when announced met all the others with early flights in a designated area. This was our cruise out of Tampa and we had a 1145 flight and were off the ship super early. We actually asked if we could catch an earlier flight and Southwest said fine but sadly our luggage had already been sent off for the later flight. We just decided to have a nice leisurely lunch and it worked out fine. I suppose nothing can be guaranteed as far as getting in on time and getting off without any hitches but I wouldn't stress too much.

Have a great cruise~

I am concerned as time gets closer that I have booked my post cruise flight too early. Even though we have planned to self disembark, our flight out of Tampa is at 11:47am. What are your thoughts?? I could always change it (for $60++ for my BF and I).

Holly in SC:confused:

You shouldn't have any problem making that flight. Our last flight from Tampa was 11:30 and we got to the airport before 10. Just show your airline tickets to the pursers desk the evening before and they will give you VIP debarkation tags so you are first group off the ship (after self-debark). You're good to go.

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

CCL Legend 7/08