Time listed on excurison list - local time?

Rockwife

Quick, probably stupid, question here:

The Princess "Adventures Ashore Tour Reservations" form we received from our travel agent says we arrive into Pt. Vallarta at 8AM. Is this local time? I'm wanting to make my own excursion booking and just want to make sure I ask for the right time (10:30AM).

Thanks so much!

The times listed for the Princess tours are ship's time. That said, almost always, ship's time is the same as local time. You'll have plenty of warning if there will be a time change: there will be a notice in the Patter and a card will be left on your pillow the night before.

Like the OP, I have been trying to find the definitive answer to facilitate planning and booking of excursions at PV.

Looked at several threads, many said that for the Mexican Riviera cruise, Princess ships (at this time, the Dawn and the Golden) only change time once to Mountain time on the first night so ship time will be the same as local time at Mazatlan and Carbo. Ship time will change back to Pacific time last night of the cruise.

Since PV is in the Central time zone, ship time will be one hour behind the local time if they don't advance the ship time again prior to arriving at PV. So what could be the impact? No impact either way for tours offered by Princess as the tours will follow the ship time, as stated by the above poster. However, for people booking indepedent tours, this can have a major impact potentially.

For the benefit of many of us first time Mexican Riviera cruisers, perhaps some recent cruisers on the Dawn or the Golden can share their first-hand experience.

Many thanks.

Since I obviously wasn't clear enough in my first post let me reiterate. I have been on the Dawn Princess twice in the Mexican Riveria - both times the ship was constantly changing it's time to be on the same time as the port we were in.

cruiseryyc, appreciate taking the time to clarify and re-enforce your response.

CC is a good place to find answers from helpful past cruisers. However, answers are not always consistent which can lead to confusions.

For example, in this case, I read this thread under Port of Call - Mexican Riviera that stated differently. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=705478

Thanks,

Archived