Towel Animals Please

2boyzmom

We are finally leaving for our long awaited 9 day Jewel cruise next Friday. My little guys age 6 and 8 get a real kick out of towel animals and "goodies" left on their pillow. Is this standard or should I speak to the Steward when we arrive. We will be in an aft (first time) mini suite .

On my 2 Gem cruises (12/07' date=' 01/08) I got them every night.

When the first one appeared, I complimented my stewards on them. They appeared every night after that.

Sometimes when I give them their tip, I also tell them that I enjoyed their creations.;):D[/quote']

I agree, I made a fuss over the ones in our room and thanked the steward for spending the time to do it, they appeared every day, and I made sure to comment on them.

Be sure to leave a few of your boys' things out in an obvious place so your steward can incorporate them into the animal. Sunglasses, beanie babies, whatever means a lot to your kids!

You must mean the webkins that will be spilling out of their suitcases :)

I have to second those who have said to make a big fuss over them. Our steward would see us coming to our cabin and made sure that he was at the door to see our reaction. Jesus and Jose (from the Jewel) we're the best we've had. Of course a little cash didn't hurt. :)

TowelMonkey2.jpg.c3cc8d696b42d92353e8b4d38292f2d7.jpg

I'll never forget the first towel animal my children encountered. They were 1 and 4 at the time and it was their first cruise. We came back to the cabin after dinner and there was an elephant sitting on the bed wearing DH's sunglasses. They ran out of the cabin screaming with looks of horror on their little faces!!!!! They ended up loving the towel animals by the end of the week, but I'll never forget their faces when they saw Mr. Elephant:D

873466620_Cruise2007077.jpg.35f72fede8cc745b6f5b764f3be0c59b.jpg

if my DH seeing them before i do, he comes and finds me and says things like "you won't believe this one" (the alligator)...then makes a me thing about opening the door for me to see.

the stingray on the last cruise was too cool, sorry i had to mess it up to sleep. DH said we could sleep on the couch and let the stingray have the bed:D . i love making a big deal of them, makes them that much more fun.

Kids? My mom was in the cabin next to us when we were on NCL Spirit to Alaska. She took a picture every night and tried to recreate them at home. It was a highlight of her trip!:p And we had a GREAT trip!

We were on the Jewel last January. We had towel animals almost every night in our cabin.

They also had a afternoon class that taught how to make them,and they gave out instruction sheets to take home. The kids thought this was one of the highlights of their cruise.

What room are you in? We booked 11154 and 11156. Let me know how you like the aft. I have never been and am nervous about it. I am a center girl actually.

We are in 11154. I promise to come back with a review and I'm sure it will be great :)

Archived