Cutting it too close for 2-hr rule?

bobbygirl

Looking at sailing the NCL Jewel Nov 28 and have a decent fare on Air Canada arriving in Miami at 1pm. Boat leaves at 5pm.

Does this give me enough time, especially if what I'm hearing about the new rule of being on board 2 hrs prior to sailing?

If any one is "in the know", please let me know!

There is another flight (not direct) on AC arriving at 11:40ish.

Earlier is absolutely better.

1pm doesn't give you much time for delays, considering a 30 minute drive from the airport to the pier, at least 30 minutes for baggage claim (last time I flew into MIA it took close to 2 hours for baggage to come), etc.

You might also want to see if you can get an earlier nonstop into FLL. It might give you more flight options.

That's a little close flying in November. I'd opt for earlier or even better, the night or day before. Miami is not my favorite airport. I don't know why it takes forever to get to and from your gate and baggage claim is always a huge wait.

It will take you at least a half an hour to get a cab and get to the pier on a good day.

Why risk missing the ship if you have other choices?

I would have to agree you are really pushing it close with the 1pm flight and could risk being denied boarding at the pier with thier new rules. I would try to get an earlier flight than the 1140am if possible. Like mentioned before try to consider coming in a day earlier just in case of delays.

Archived