San Diego Hotels and Airport

KenM

Will be going out of San Diego on the Oosterdam.

What would be the best time for a flight out of San Diego if the ship is in at 7:00AM. We are looking at an 11:20 AM flight....

What is the normal time off the ship ??? and the best mode to the airport..

Also does HA provide Checking baggage on the ship DIRECTLY to American Airlines>>??

Also looking at the new Mariott in the Gas Lamp section near the port..

Anyone familiar with this location and its quality.. and if they have transportation to the port...

Thanks..

Your 11:20 flight should be just fine. The airport and cruise ship terminal are within sight of each other. The ship will probably start moving people off around 8:00. I don't know about the luggage. A taxi is the best way to get to the airport. They will be lined up out front.

Marriotts are nice. There's also Holiday Inn On the Bay that's right across the street from the cruise terminal. You just walk over when you're ready. And if you get an oceanview room, you can watch the ship come in that morning.

Stayed at the Marriott Gas Lamp last November awaiting our cruise on the Oosterdam. It is a National Historical bldg. once being the major bank in San Diego. It is not all the glitter of many of our Marriott stays but it's accomadations were fine. Make sure you go down to the basement and see the old safe deposit boxes and huge safes. Many nice restaurants withing easy walking distance.

Left from the hotel at 10:45 via taxi and were onboard by 11:40! Have a great cruise.

KenM

I'm also a KenM...have sailed out of San Diego 3 times and stayed at the Holiday Inn all 3 times. It's great because you can just walk across the street to the Dock and you save about $15.00 in Taxi cost

Ken & Sherry

We sailed on the Ryndam out of San Diego this past December and stayed at the Holiday Inn accross the street. You can walk, but they will also drive you across the street. No charge, but we did give the driver a nice tip.

We stayed at the Marriot Gas Lamp District in November-beautiful rooms, very nice staff and booked via Priceline for $95. It is about a $10 cab ride to the pier-they do not provide transportation.

Gary

There are 2 Marriotts in that area. Which one are you looking at ?

I stayed at the Courtyard a couple of years ago. I enjoyed our stay there. This is the same one aliaschief mentioned. It was a bank at one time. If you stay there, take a quick tour of the building. The meeting room in the basement is in the old safe deposit vault. It was pretty cool. The hotel lobby has the brass from the original teller windows.

I believe the other Marriott may be newer.

Archived