On Board Accounts Sign Up

go sea

Our 2 teen daughters are each bringing a friend on our cruise, and we want to set up separate on-board accounts for each girl (even though they are in the same cabin). Has anyone ever done this, and if so, was it much of a problem?

Our 2 teen daughters are each bringing a friend on our cruise, and we want to set up separate on-board accounts for each girl (even though they are in the same cabin). Has anyone ever done this, and if so, was it much of a problem?

They will gladly do this. Takes a tad longer of course to set up several accounts but there won't be a problem.

Thanks for the quick reply! Now I don't have to worry about how much our friends' daughters spend - keeping track of my own daughters is enough! Speaking of which, can't you also put a limit on their accounts (RCI let us do this in the past)?

Thanks for the quick reply! Now I don't have to worry about how much our friends' daughters spend - keeping track of my own daughters is enough! Speaking of which, can't you also put a limit on their accounts (RCI let us do this in the past)?

Yes, you can put a limit. But actually, if you get the soda card there isn't anything for them to spend money on, unless they're going to the gift shop. Or if they go to aracade alot. Best to have a limit, I've heard horror stories from parents who didn't know they used their card in the aracade and the kids just kept going.:eek:

BeachBum -- do the arcade machines accept quarters? Or do they run off cards only? Or both?

Someone else may be able to help better with this one. I've seen it both ways but can't remember which ship or cruise line was what. My kids are older and not into arcade so I can't say for sure but I do remember reading a few stories awhile back on children not realizing what putting the card in and using it at a constant level meant and racking up a couple hundred bucks.:eek: So, just wanted people to be aware that if their kids are the arcade kind, please make sure you find this out and set the limits.:)

Archived