Rhapsody of the Seas

wallygator

Hi all I'm thinking of cruising on the Rhapsody of the Seas but hear its a bit old and should consider something else. I'm looking at Alaska. Has anyone recently cruise her and what are your thoughts?

Haven't looked at the itinerary, but I can definitely tell you that Rhapsody is absolutely beautiful -- just refurbed last year, new bedding, lots of windows, gorgeous dining room, perfect size, just a lovely ship. She may be older than some, but she is still wonderful.....

Thanks for both replies. I was wondering about the ship more than it's itinerary although I seem to think the itinerary is not so bad. I looked at Celebrity's and the ports times were less.

We have cruised Alaska once but would like to do it again.

Tried to post the itinerary but CC has thier limits. The date I'm looking at is Aug 15th 2008

Thanks for both replies. I was wondering about the ship more than it's itinerary although I seem to think the itinerary is not so bad. I looked at Celebrity's and the ports times were less.

We have cruised Alaska once but would like to do it again.

Tried to post the itinerary but CC has thier limits. The date I'm looking at is Aug 15th 2008

It's a little better if you've seen some part of AK before.

I'm not a fan because it's basically a 2-stop cruise. Prince Rupert is a throw in, and from all I've read, it offers little to do. Just depends on what's important to you.

We are sailing Rhapsody in a few weeks time. We are doing Asia B2B's. That two 5 day cruises.

What we have heard is not promising. seems now that she is based out of Hong Kong - she has a mostly Asian crew that is not trained. Food is VERY bland and seems that most the crew doesn't give a sh#t.

We just sailed Legend a few months ago... again... an older ship.

Service was ok... food nothing to write home about.

Can say that the last few Princess cruises and the last Carnival cruise - food was way better! Even on the older ships.

I think that cruising is now affordable for most... with prices going down - and the cruise lines have to cut back and start saving.

Nevertheless - I hope Rhapsody is better than all the posts and emails I have been receiving.

Will post when we are back!

Ciao

I´ve cruised on the Rhapsody in Sept. 07 on her repositioning out of Galveston. That cruise ranks definitely in the top of all my cruises.

While I´m still giving the Radiance class ships the top ratings Vision class and Rhapsody get a very close second.

The food was great and the crew (already a lot of Asian people onboard) was great as well. I wouldn´t hesitate to go on Rhapsody.

Thanks or the positive responses!!! husband and 2 sons and I are sailing on the Alaskan May 29th cuise. This willbe be for my sons senoir trip so I want it to be as awesome as it can be. We have saile RCCl and we also have done both Disney cruises, but all to tropical paradises! I am so hopeful that we will enjoy this cruise!!! Any info would be great!

Thanks or the positive responses!!! husband and 2 sons and I are sailing on the Alaskan May 29th cuise.

Well, I hope you mean May 30th sailing because I'm on the May 23rd sailing and we are still out at sea on May 29th! I'll try to whip her in to shape for you so you can have a fantastic cruise!:D

Archived