shore excursions

freddymale

I have a question I hope someone can help me with

we are sailing on the triump may 3/08. our honeymoon cruise.

my fiancee wants to visite the ruins in Cozumel.

I looked at the shore excursions and saw the one for Mayan Ruins of Tulum (Ultramar)

so we decided to try and book it online.

But when I goto the booking page..it's not there??

is there anyway to book it??

thanx for any help

Ultramar? Is this an outside vendor or are you trying to book through Carnival? The ruins at Tulum are great, but I'de only book through Carnival. From Cozumel, it involves a ferry ride to the mainland, walk through town, bus to Tulum. It's a LONG way and if anything broke down with an outside vendor the ship would leave as scheduled. If you book through Carnival, no worries. BTW, hope you like Iguanas. :eek:

Feb09189.jpg

You have to first go into your reservation. Not all excursions are available on all sailings.

If you are in your reservation, you should be able to book it. Unless it's sold out, of course (which has never happened to me, but it does happen on occasion).

Just call them. Easier to call them and ask than ask us, when we can't see what's going on on your computer.

We went to Tulum on our first cruise. Very interesting site. Be aware that it will be VERY hot, even in early March.

I hate to be the one to tell you but I do not think the excursion is available, We are going on the same cruise and I wanted to book the same excursion. You can chose the horseback one, I think it is the closest to what you are looking for. If you find out more info on seeing the ruins please let me know we would love to see them also.

We booked this cruise specifically to see Mayan ruins. If you are like us and get in to Cozumel at 1 PM, then it is not offered due to timing issues. We sail on Carnival Imagination on March 20th, and thru TripAdvisor we have been assured that it is not too hard to do on own. With getting off ship taking a while and ferrying over to Playa del Carmen, then 1 hour drive to Tulum, it would probably be 4 PM before getting to Tulum and having 1 to 1 1/2 hours of light to see the ruins. But then we still have plenty of time to get back before the ship sails at 10 PM.

Has anyone else done this to know for sure?

Just wanted to say that sometimes the excursion doesn't show up until closer to the cruise. This is what happened to us on our Miracle cruise - the snokel trip we wanted didn't show up until about 4 weeks before the cruise. So it could be a timing issue. I want to book the America's Cup Racing in Nassau, and when I log in to book, it doesn't show up yet. I'm still hopeful!

we're cruising in 2 week on the Destiny, and for some of the stops we only have 1 or 2 excursions posted. this has never happened to us before. We've had excursions fill up weeks before so we wanted to look into it early. We book on our own a lot, but like to have the comparison of what carnival offers. We've called and they havent been any help. They said "they all must be full already" (which isnt the case, because we've been looking for months since we booked, and most places havent had any listed at all till the past 2 weeks). Another Carnival Agent said "too bad, you'll just have to book on the ship." Unfortunately, we dont like waiting to book till that late for something we really want to do, so we end up booking elsewhere.

Hopefully your situation gets figured out! good luck

We booked this cruise specifically to see Mayan ruins. If you are like us and get in to Cozumel at 1 PM, then it is not offered due to timing issues. We sail on Carnival Imagination on March 20th, and thru TripAdvisor we have been assured that it is not too hard to do on own. With getting off ship taking a while and ferrying over to Playa del Carmen, then 1 hour drive to Tulum, it would probably be 4 PM before getting to Tulum and having 1 to 1 1/2 hours of light to see the ruins. But then we still have plenty of time to get back before the ship sails at 10 PM.

Has anyone else done this to know for sure?

I believe the issue is going to be the ferry .... We went to Cozumel last February on Triumph and we were there 11 hours so I was sure that we would be able to go over to the mainland and spend the entire day there, however, the problem was that the last ferry back to Cozumel was at 6 pm and we were advised that sometimes they have problems and won't run the last ferry .... so you really need to get a reliable copy of the ferry schedule before you try to do this on your own.... this is probably the reason this is not offered on your cruise....

Archived