Does anyone know where to go for local cuisine?

afcj1

I do remember a coupleof beach shacks just up the way from Margaritaville--I think they have food.

Thanks Jerry.

I was beginning to think that nobody ever ate there:) I was thinking about renting a golf cart, if I see the gentleman at the port and figured that I'd ask him.

Annette

• 2 weeks later...

I was sent to Michael's by a member of the crew on my snorkeling trip last November. It's a small little place, but the food was good and very reasonable. Any cab can take you there and if you stand outside, cabs will come by and pick you up. It was about $5 each way. Frommer's recommends some other places, but I don't know anything about them.

• 5 months later...

My wife and I had a tasty lunch at the Osprey beach hotel, which I believe was on the south end of the strip of hotels in Cockburn town. I had the conch salad which was excellent. We ate outside under a covered area near the hotel's pool, right on the beach. The view was excellent. After lunch you are free to walk about 5 steps down to the beach and go into the water. Any of the taxi drivers should be able to drop you off nearby.

Archived