Want your opinion!

labmom

The hair color is almost an exact match with mine, I didn't want to freak out my husband to much:o If there is more opinions, please keep them coming.

Thanks again, and happy cruising, Pam

Pam ..

I suspect that you could never freak out your husband with your fantastic attitude .. I suspect that you will be happy no matter how your hair looks .. so

the next opinion is .. You do what makes YOU comfortable !!!

Hi, yep i think i gotta say the colour suits you but..... it does look a little 'too perfect', just tussle it up a bit and i think you will look great :D

Have a great cruise and as long as you feel good, it really doesn't matter what other people think ;)

I agree that it most definitely looks like a wig. If that doesn't bother you, then so what. Wear it. However, I would take it to a professional hair stylist and have it trimmed/spiked and mussed a bit for a slightly more natural look. The color, sheen and texture will always be a "tell" that it's a wig, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The style, is too "perfect" and caplike and really needs some work.

I don't know your finances, but if this is an ongoing problem and you'd like to own a wig for all future occasions, like cruises, where you'd like not to have to fuss with your hair, then I'd recommend investing in a high quality wig made from human hair. Have one done in a style that similar to your natural style and color so it's not such a shocker between with/without days. Andee's advice for a sheitl macher is an excellent suggestion.

I also like the front but the sides could use a little work. I think it is the little 60's kiss curl that I don't like. Straighten the curl & give it some little spikey whisps on the sides & it'll be fine. As for the color, it is so hard to really tell in a picture, the flash could be what is making it look a little shiney & I really had to go back & look at your picture a second time to see your double chin. If you hadn't said, I wouldn't have noticed. Ya look good.

I agree, I'm not crazy about that curl either. The wig looks very nice on you. It does get cool in Alaska, a cap is not a bad idea either.

Why not take both (cap and wig)and decide when you get dressed in the morning?

Lab Mom, I went through chemo and had to wear a wig for over a year. First let me say, that the cut and style is extremely becoming. It is hard to tell from a photo on the texture. I had purchased wigs that looked great in a photo and some looked horrible in person and vice versa. I have found that it usually takes someone in person to help with the overall look. As far as purchasing a more expensive wig to give you a more natural look is not necessary true! One of my favorite wigs was purchased through TLCcatalog.com for around $35. Go for the wig that looks and feels like what you want. I purchased a very expensive wig and I also had a few cheaper wigs, different styles and you could not really tell the difference. My only concern with a cheaper wig is that you may not be able to style it with an iron or straightened if you wish to. Playing with the wig, giving it curl or a little lift in the style will also make the wig look more like your own hair. I hope this helps. Have fun on your cruise......

I have baby fine hair that has always been thin and the older I get the thinner it seems to be. I have bunches of wigs that I've bought over the years . . . only for cruises (hate to come back from a shore excursion and have to worry about making my hair . . . if nothing else . . . trying to make it look thicker than it is). I've found that the messier your wig looks . . . the more natural it looks. Your wig . . . hate to sound critical, but looks to perfect and shinny to be real. Mess it up a little. Or . . . if you can afford it, go to a wig shop that specializes in wigs for those going through chemo. A bit more expensive but they can do magic with styling and cutting and making it look like your own hair. From one "wig wearer to another" . . . go for it!!!!!!

I have baby fine hair that has always been thin and the older I get the thinner it seems to be. I have bunches of wigs that I've bought over the years . . . only for cruises (hate to come back from a shore excursion and have to worry about making my hair . . . if nothing else . . . trying to make it look thicker than it is). I've found that the messier your wig looks . . . the more natural it looks. Your wig . . . hate to sound critical, but looks to perfect and shinny to be real. Mess it up a little. Or . . . if you can afford it, go to a wig shop that specializes in wigs for those going through chemo. A bit more expensive but they can do magic with styling and cutting and making it look like your own hair. From one "wig wearer to another" . . . go for it!!!!!!

I love it and you are so right! Pay a little extra for a quality wig ang give it a shake and then put it on for a more natural look!:)

I think it looks terrific. I agree with others who commented on the sheen and texture, but I think it is not true from the front, only the side view. I think if you "mess it up" a bit - in other words give it some texture and piecy-ness on the sides (which is the fashion anyway) rather than having it lie completely flat it will not look at all like a wig. The front does not look like a wig at all, just where it is lying flat around and behind your ears. You wanted honest, that's my worst comment. Overall, I think it is great. BTW, the youngster probably knew because he has seen you before without the wig. Remember hair should not look too perfect. Tata is always a giveaway.

I agree with bermuder. And I would remove the little curl on the sides, too-- mess it up a little to be more modern.

I would definitely wear it on your excursions! It will keep you warm and on the plus side, you won't have to fuss with your hair before you go! Then when you return you can fix your hair the way you like to wear it! By the way, when is your cruise? We are cruising in Sept.

Have I thanked you enough?! I cannot tell you how much I really appreciate all the opinions. I think it's about even with wiggy and no wiggy:D The picture was done inside and the flash really makes it look shiney. I tried it on again last night and messed it up, got rid of the curl (that was weird) and I have to admit it looked so much better. I started thinking though that when I'm in Juneau we get back to the boat early and then go to Sawyer Glacier so there is about 6 hours that I'll have to deal with, otherwise we fish in Ketchikan all day and Skagway we rent a car so both days I'ld just wear the little knit cap with no problem. I think I'm going to skip the wig:rolleyes: You guys have been so great and I'm so glad I'm part of this kind of family:)

Happy cruising, Pam

Archived