Want your opinion!

labmom

Ok everyone, I want your opinion on a wig I bought. I want something for early excursions in Alaska. I have very thin hair and if I don't wash it to poof it up, it looks bad. I really don't want to get up at 5:30am.:eek: I know, I'ld be wearing a cap to keep my head warm, but when I get back to the ship I'll take that off and look even worse:o Please give me your honest opinion, and I don't think I need to let you know....don't be shy:D

DSCN0241.jpg.24443fbf56db83b904cea98de8363d9e.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg.6d6abffd13a318324aff9a6c72aeac54.jpg

I think it looks great! I too have very difficult hair...very fine and somewhat thin and poker straight. I get mine done once a week and my hairdresser can get it curled enough with a curling iron that it has some body to last almost to the next appointment. We did the Panama Canal last fall and I was very tempted to try a wig too. I didn't, but I also had a friend that helped me do my hair a few times....klutz that I am!:p I wouldn't hesitate to try a wig though....seems like such an easy fix for those of us with really difficult hair and don't want to take the time to mess with it each day....I say "GO FOR IT"!!:D

Ok, there have been 63 lookers......if it's that bad in your opinion please let me know! I had one 15 year old at church today ask me why I was wearing a toupea(?spelling) That was very honest, but everyone else said it looked good. Are they just being nice:rolleyes: Come on people, do I have to start talking about booze and formal night to get you to respond?

Ya, my lab is great, but I've never nick named one "monster" until this one:eek:

Happy cruising, Pam

Plus, with the cold damp weather, I think you are going to be wearing a hooded jacket or hat too. If people are spending all of their time looking at your hair, they will be missing the glaciers and whales and things they should be looking at. I couldn't tell in the photos that it was a wig and not your hair.

I think it looks very nice. That hairstyle is very becoming for you! :)

Don't worry about all the lookers. There are always way more lurkers than posters on any message board. It seems like things are moving kind of slow on here tonight anyway. No doubt you'll have many more responses by this time tomorrow!

Since you are so worried about your hair, why not find a cute little hat to wear instead of a wig? Not a ball cap, like a newsboy cap or a knit hat.

If a child has made that comment, they sometimes tend to be more honest than adults and you had better listen to them ;) . Most people here want to be nice and not hurt your feelings, but I sense that you want honesty instead.

My opinion....it looks like a wig. You are a lovely lady, no matter how you feel about your chins :)

Have a wonderful Alaskan cruise, you will love it!

I think you have a very pretty face too and although I like the wig style it still looks like a wig.If you don't mind other people knowing it's a wig then go for it but why not get a a cute hat that's flattering and comfortable enough to leave on until you can get back to your cabin and give your hair a quick fluff.:p

Just my two cents .. but when I get back from an excursion I usually want a shower and the hair washed anyway .. why not ignore the hair in the AM and wear the cap .. then when you get back .. nice hot shower and a few minutes pampering yourself will feel great !!!

One more here to say the style looks fab but the sheen and texture does give off a slightly artificial look. But you know what? Who cares! It doesn't look like a mop or rug so I say go with it. Your confidence is what will make the difference.

Repsol

I think it looks terrific. I agree with others who commented on the sheen and texture, but I think it is not true from the front, only the side view. I think if you "mess it up" a bit - in other words give it some texture and piecy-ness on the sides (which is the fashion anyway) rather than having it lie completely flat it will not look at all like a wig. The front does not look like a wig at all, just where it is lying flat around and behind your ears. You wanted honest, that's my worst comment. Overall, I think it is great. BTW, the youngster probably knew because he has seen you before without the wig. Remember hair should not look too perfect. Tata is always a giveaway.

If it makes you feel good, and you like the way looks, go for it. Personally, I would do a hat or even a scarf, but that is just me. Actually, I would more than likely get up early enough to shower and do my hair. I know how you feel, I have fine, thin hair also. Mousse really helps.

I also like the front but the sides could use a little work. I think it is the little 60's kiss curl that I don't like. Straighten the curl & give it some little spikey whisps on the sides & it'll be fine. As for the color, it is so hard to really tell in a picture, the flash could be what is making it look a little shiney & I really had to go back & look at your picture a second time to see your double chin. If you hadn't said, I wouldn't have noticed. Ya look good.

This is why I ask you people! Thank you, thank you. This is what I wanted. I have worn little knit caps (this is my 3rd cruise to Alaska) and only on a few days we'll get back to early to take a shower before dinner, that's wear the hat hair come into play. It's really more how I feel when I know my hair looks like a wet rat:eek: and not how others see me. I also don't wear a bathing suit without shorts because my thighs have more jello than you or I want to see:D This really has nothing to do with what others think...I do have an artificial leg and don't mind wearing shorts. If I think I can do something else with the sides I'll take another picture and see what you think, but I really appreciate all the responces! The hair color is almost an exact match with mine, I didn't want to freak out my husband to much:o If there is more opinions, please keep them coming.

Thanks again, and happy cruising, Pam

A couple of thoughts:

Your hairdresser may be able to help you re-style the wig.

There are several Orthodox synagogues in Phoenix; if you call one, they may be able to recommend a wig maker ("sheitel macher") where you could get a better quality wig. People often mistake my DIL's sheitel for her real hair.

Good luck!

Archived