Cabins On Coral Princess

LIZ-BEAR

We have been on the Coral twice and love that ship. I have not stayed so far back of the ship but a lot of people have on this site and love it. Here is a site that might help you decide on what room. A fellow cruiser made this site and it is extrememly helpful.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Marilyn

Please note if you are a tall person traveling on the Coral Princess the beds are not long enough and the showers are a tight squeeze. I actually liked being in the back area so I could like a previous poster go outside and watch all of the action outside. It is quiet and the laundry area is near that area. The beds on the Coral are just too short for long comfort for me personally. And, the shower being so small is rather annoying. I know now in the future to pay attention to these kinds of things for my own pleasure during travel.

CincinnatiGal

Please note if you are a tall person traveling on the Coral Princess the beds are not long enough and the showers are a tight squeeze. I actually liked being in the back area so I could like a previous poster go outside and watch all of the action outside. It is quiet and the laundry area is near that area. The beds on the Coral are just too short for long comfort for me personally. And, the shower being so small is rather annoying. I know now in the future to pay attention to these kinds of things for my own pleasure during travel.

CincinnatiGal

They are small if you choose a balcony but in the mini's it is a combination tub/shower so there is plenty of room.

Marilyn

we had a mini on the dolphin deck in October for our honeymoon and we loved it. We were in 714 or 716, something like that, right in the back. I wasnt sure if I would like it, but we did! We like having the covered balcony, it's convienent for when it rains. GL!

We stayed in a mini-suite (C223) last month and had shower/tub combo. This was just great - certainly not too small. The beds are on short side but didn't worry DH or myself. I do not think you can go wrong in any cabin. The Coral Princess is a gorgeous ship with wonderful staff, food and entertainment. Just beware coming home......does anyone else get really miserable???!!! I cannot shake this total miserable feeling. We had such a wonderful vacation and coming back to reality this time has been awful. Almost wish we had never done the cruise in the first place....I looked so forward to it...it was so wonderful...and cannot stand not having another one to look forward to!! (I know, I need to book. It just seems too far away till we can actually afford to travel again). Thanks for letting me vent. I definitely am a new Princess fan!

It will be a week tomorrow that we are home and I can't get "with it". I'm going through the motions but my mind is somewhere else. It is 10 degrees outside and when I think of where we have been in the nice warmth of the islands I get depressed:( We are looking to book another but haven't decided where or when.

I agree the Coral is a nice ship. The showers are very small. I can't remember other ships with such small showers. If you are tall or a little round it is hard to take a relaxing shower. Someone said they should have brushes in the shower like a car wash and we could just keep turning around:) But we had a great time on the Panama Canal cruise.

I AM THINKING OF BOOKING A PANAMA CANAL CRUISE ON THE CORAL PRINCESS. THE ROOM BEING HELD FORUS IN THE 2ND TO LAST MINI SUITE ON THE DOLPHIN DECK.

ANY COMMENTS ABOUT BE SO FAR BACK ON THE SHIP.?????

This is a good location...a little vibration, but you will have a fully covered deep balcony (the end cabin has an uncovered balcony). You will be close to the aft viewing deck, which is a great place to watch the locks close behind you. We would pick this location again for the coral.

I KNOW WHAT YOU ALL MEAN ABOUT "POST CRUISE BLUES" NON- CRUISERS JUST DON'T GET IT!

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE GONE ON THE PANAMA CRUISE. A VERY JELOUS CO-WORKER SNAPPED THAT ONLY OLD PEOPLE IN WHEELCHAIRS GO THERE. I AM 49 AND DH IS 58. (WE DON'T LOOK LIKE IT BUT WE ACT LIKE WE ARE IN OUR 20'S):D

I KNOW WHAT YOU ALL MEAN ABOUT "POST CRUISE BLUES" NON- CRUISERS JUST DON'T GET IT!

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE GONE ON THE PANAMA CRUISE. A VERY JELOUS CO-WORKER SNAPPED THAT ONLY OLD PEOPLE IN WHEELCHAIRS GO THERE. I AM 49 AND DH IS 58. (WE DON'T LOOK LIKE IT BUT WE ACT LIKE WE ARE IN OUR 20'S):D

OOOPS! I AM NOT GOING ON THE CORAL PRINCESS, I AM GOING ON THE ISLAND PRINCESS! :confused: WE LOOKED AT SO MANY CRUISES BEFORE DECIDING THEY ARE ALL A BLUR!

I GUESS MY BRAIN IS ALREADY AT SEA! IT'S GOING TO BE A LONG WAIT TILL JAN 13TH!

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND THEY ARE SISTER SHIPS, SO I GUESS CABIN D723 IS THE SAME!

We stayed in a mini-suite (C223) last month and had shower/tub combo. This was just great - certainly not too small. The beds are on short side but didn't worry DH or myself. I do not think you can go wrong in any cabin. The Coral Princess is a gorgeous ship with wonderful staff, food and entertainment. Just beware coming home......does anyone else get really miserable???!!! I cannot shake this total miserable feeling. We had such a wonderful vacation and coming back to reality this time has been awful. Almost wish we had never done the cruise in the first place....I looked so forward to it...it was so wonderful...and cannot stand not having another one to look forward to!! (I know, I need to book. It just seems too far away till we can actually afford to travel again). Thanks for letting me vent. I definitely am a new Princess fan!

We were on the same cruise as you .......and feel just like you do.....!!!!

We are also looking at the Panama Canal cruise. It looks like a great cruise. The problem is with the Coral Princess. We love the aft of ships, the Coral has no aft cabins. None of the cabins jump out at us, any suggestions?

We are also looking at the Panama Canal cruise. It looks like a great cruise. The problem is with the Coral Princess. We love the aft of ships, the Coral has no aft cabins. None of the cabins jump out at us, any suggestions?

I enjoy the Caribe deck aft as the outside area actually has loungers. :)

We were on the same cruise as you and feel just the same as you ....she certainly is a lovely ship.

I've done the Panama route 3 times and am signed up again for March 6th. I'm 47, DH is 54 and we're active - scuba, cycling, mountain biking, you name it. I've never found the Panama crowd too old. Older than the typical 7-day Eastern Caribbean mega ship crowd, yeah, but to me, that's a PLUS (no middle of the night shenanigans, no drunken brawls by the Lido pool after a case of beer at 10AM...) Give me a middle-aged crowd any day! :)

Any of the aft cabins are good. We've always booked a cat BE on the aft end of Emerald. Regular veranda cabin but with very spacious verandas. The cabins at the extreme aft end of each deck have a small wrap-around built into the verandas, so you have some backwards visibility. That means people standing on the back deck can see you as well, but some people like the extra view. You get some vibration from the thrusters when entering or leaving a port, but it's not excessive. Aft Emerald cabins after around 708 are above the Universe lounge which is used a few times for shows, but not every night and not late at night. We were in 710 once and could just barely hear some low frequency bass from below; it was over by 11:30. Aft BEs are great for the canal; great view down low, and fun to watch the gates close behind the ship. Not so convenient for the buffet, but we figure that's kind of a diet plan. Never been in a mini; we really love the BE verandas so we keep booking there. It is a GREAT cruise! Highly recommend it.

Agree with all regarding average age on ship. I am 48 and DH 52 and had no problem being on the "younger" side. In fact, many older than myself looked and acted younger and fitter by far! The plus side is there were maybe 10 kids on the entire ship ....relaxing at the pool and just a sedate and tranquil mood sea days at the pool! We loved it and can't rave enough.

Archived