Royal Caribbean Visa Rewards Redemption ???

The number for BofA is 1-800-421-2110. Request a certificate for a 15,000 points redemption. The number for RCI Points Redemption is 1-888-305-4626.

When you get your certificate, there will be a certificate number on it. Call RCI Points Redemption, give them the number and how you want the certificate used (in your case, putting money towards your cruise)..........then fill out the certificate, check off the proper box, MAKE A COPY, and send to the address given.

You need to use "their lingo". You can't ask for $400 OBC, they don't know what you are talking about. Here's what to say now: "Hi, I'd like to redeem my Royal Caribean Visa Reward points. I'd like 1- 25,000 point coupon and 3 -5,000 point coupons." Or whatever it is that I want. The folks at BoA won't know what you are talking about if you ask for the free robe certificate, or the picnic basket certificate, but if you ask for the point value and the number of coupons you want, they should know what you want without hassle.

Thanks SueL! That was exactly what I was looking for!

Yes, it is for $$ off final payment NOT for OBC.

You are very welcome, please realize, which I believe you have already, that this is the generic version of what to do. ;)

I immediately went to this post today when I saw it, because I was just approved for an RCI Visa with reward points. I will get 10,000 points automatically with my first purchase. I plan to use if for one or two very short term items right off. My friend suggested I pay for my trip when I get my card, because I will then earn double points on the amount I charge.

So....for a newbie like me, once the points are posted, I need to call for a rewards certificate, correct? Then I have to send the rewards certificate to RCI if I want to use it for $$ on my seapass, for example?

I immediately went to this post today when I saw it, because I was just approved for an RCI Visa with reward points. I will get 10,000 points automatically with my first purchase. I plan to use if for one or two very short term items right off. My friend suggested I pay for my trip when I get my card, because I will then earn double points on the amount I charge.

So....for a newbie like me, once the points are posted, I need to call for a rewards certificate, correct? Then I have to send the rewards certificate to RCI if I want to use it for $$ on my seapass, for example?

Yes, make sure you make copies before you send anything off.

I just went through this situation. I wanted to use my 50000 pts to pay down the final payment. Be persistant, I had to call crown and anchor about 4 times before I got someone to help me. Make sure you get the certificate number from bank of America. Crown and anchor told me to tell the bank people that the certificate number would be in the lower right hand of their screen.

I called crown and anchor after making copies of my certificate and mailing it in to them. The certificate says that you will have to pay final and then they will credit back the amount of the certificate. I told them that I did not want to pay interest on it while I was waiting for them to apply it to my reservation. They finaaly put me on hold a few times and it was done.

Good luck !

Yes, make sure you make copies before you send anything off.

Sounds good to me! I have heard of people who charge EVERYTHING to their cards for the points, then pay the bill in full each month. That's a bit ambitious for me, since I have a strict budget and wouldn't want to lose track of how much things are costing through the course of the month.

This will be the first cruise for me and my family, and we are beyond excited. It's a 5 day Bermuda cruise. I'm packing the sea bands and ginger, bathing suits...look out, here I come!

• 2 weeks later...

Another question....how long does it take before they actually post the reward points. I'm one of those goofballs that wants everything lined up months before hand, lol. I just used my new RCCL card to pay what I owed on the cruise, and I plan on using it for paying for excursions. I want to make sure the reward points are posted properly before I pay off the bill.

Some companies automatically post rewards when the billing cycle arrives. The BOA site doesn't show anywhere a section for tracking points. I wasn't fond of that...it would be good to see a place on the website for that.

My bonus points were posted on the first bill. I believe that they claim it could take 2 months to have the bonus points applied, though. Each bill after that will have the points that you earn for that billing cycle added to what you have accumulated.

When I called to redeem the points it took approximately 3 weeks to get the certificates in the mail.

Hello... About the B of A Royal Carib. Visa for onboard credit? We were told that all we do to redeem the points is call them, and then they send the certificate for onboard credit to us, and then we just take it to the pursers desk and it gets applied to our account. Are we misinformed?

Noneeds4me

My bonus points were posted on the first bill. I believe that they claim it could take 2 months to have the bonus points applied, though. Each bill after that will have the points that you earn for that billing cycle added to what you have accumulated.

When I called to redeem the points it took approximately 3 weeks to get the certificates in the mail.

I just requested my OBC coupons today. I really hope I get them in less than 3 weeks. I did call C&A and told them the coupon number. They said to fax over the coupon when I received then mail it.

Hello... About the B of A Royal Carib. Visa for onboard credit? We were told that all we do to redeem the points is call them, and then they send the certificate for onboard credit to us, and then we just take it to the pursers desk and it gets applied to our account. Are we misinformed?

Noneeds4me

Yes you were misinformed, once you receive the certificates, fill them out, check off what you want on the back and make copies and then send them off to the address on the back. If you are doing the on board credit you will not see it until the 2nd day or so of your cruise. I would bring a copy of the certificate with you if it doesn't show then you have proof.

I just requested my OBC coupons today. I really hope I get them in less than 3 weeks. I did call C&A and told them the coupon number. They said to fax over the coupon when I received then mail it.

I believe others on this board have said that they received them sooner, but it took about 3 weeks to get them in Indiana...give or take a couple of days. I called C&A after I requested the certificates and gave them the certificate #'s. (I lucked out and the customer service rep from BoA was able to give me the #'s immediately.)

We had a total of $250 of OBC from the certificates. I talked my husband into getting the card when they were offering 15000 bonus points,:) I wasn't so lucky, I applied for the card about a week before the promotion began.:( We set up separate on board accounts so we could both submit points.

Sorry another newbie here. I have enough to get a 15,000 certificate now and hope to accumulate another 5,000 before sailing.

1) Should I call for my first certificate now?

2)If so can I call for another as time gets closer?

3)Finally do I have to redeem all OBC certificates before final payment?

I'm a bit nervous to wait to long after hearing BofA is having some trouble(at least in MA)

thanks

You can cash this one in now and the other one later. I did that on my last cruise. I sent to Crown and Anchor one for $100 OBC and as time got closer, (even after I made my final payment) it was like 2 weeks before my cruise I sent in another one. I called them up though because it was so close to my cruise and gave them the certificate number and told them the certificate was on the way in the mail but wanted to make sure they applied my extra $50 OBC before the cruise.

In my case, I used my card to pay for the balance owing on my cruise, as planned. I plan to use my reward points towards my sea pass or excursions. From what I can see, that is acceptable, right? I was going to call BOA about all that. I would also think that the expiration time on points would be lengthy...

I do think they could come up with a way to streamline the process, instead of calling to request certificates and so forth. Maybe a direct process by phone or online? Just a thought.

Just an interesting side note, I just called to redeem my points, and when I asked for the certificate numbers, the operator told me that they aren't available to her until Monday. I guess you can call during the weekend and evening hours, but they are only processed officially during business hours.

Ok...so last time we cruised we had 2 $50 on board credit vouchers. This time our cruise isn't for a year:mad: ! So can I keep getting my points and use it to pay? I didn't realize that??? Can I already have a balcony booked and use it to pay for the upgrade?

Sorry, I just checked the website and I can use it to pay! If I have the balcony booked, can I pay for an oceanview if I have the points?

Ok...so last time we cruised we had 2 $50 on board credit vouchers. This time our cruise isn't for a year:mad: ! So can I keep getting my points and use it to pay? I didn't realize that??? Can I already have a balcony booked and use it to pay for the upgrade?

Yes, keep using the card and they can be cashed in 5000 point increments, anything at RCCL, like your cruise, excursions, etc is double points and once you get the certificates they must be APPLIED within 6 months.

Hi all, I am sending my $250 OBC certificate out today! How many weeks will it take before it should be posted? Or how long should I wait until I call to make sure it has been posted?My cruise is May 22, so I have time. Also I was wondering once I log onto royalcaribbean.com to view my vacation summary will it show this 250 OBC there, or will I just have to hope it will be there when I board. I booked my cruise through a TA not online through royal...Thanks for your help

Hi all, I am sending my $250 OBC certificate out today! How many weeks will it take before it should be posted? Or how long should I wait until I call to make sure it has been posted?My cruise is May 22, so I have time. Also I was wondering once I log onto royalcaribbean.com to view my vacation summary will it show this 250 OBC there, or will I just have to hope it will be there when I board. I booked my cruise through a TA not online through royal...Thanks for your help

I sent mine return receipt and I called the day after I got the receipt and it was there and no is won't show on your account and you might not see it until your second day of the cruise.

Archived