Why is CC so slow

vickie_bernie

I think some of the slowness has to do with all the animated signatures, the multiple countdown clocks, the really large pictures of ships and the long lists of past cruises etc. I remember a while back the mods asked us to clean up our signatures etc.

You are still getting something for nothing so where's the basis of these gripes?

Asking what the problem is here on CC is not necessairly a gripe. Normally we are informed when there is a problem that they are attempting to correct. Or, we are informed what we can do to help the problem, in reguards to cutting down signatures, pictures and the like.

Are you always this argumentative or are you just in a really really bad mood lately? :mad:

In a weird way I guess I am attempting to support CC (Gawd knows why!):D

coz I suppose if I say anything bad they'll bin me???

Ya know, if you don't like the rules here, and you don't like the way the moderators handle these forums, and you know of so many other places that you can discuss Princess, I guess it doesn't make any sense why you would post such negativity. I mean, nobody is forcing you to post on these boards I don't think.

It's great to have two sided discussions and we all don't always agree, but come on, lighten up a bit. Get over the fact you got a post pulled, it happens to all of us occasionally. Dwelling on it sure doesn't help your attitude. No, we aren't always happy campers and we do get into two sided banter occasionally. But cheer up.............it isn't a personal attack on you or anyone when a post gets pulled! :) :)

In the past the moderators were quick to explain the board's slowness. This time it's been weeks...and no word at all from the moderators. It makes you wonder what's going on...
I've been wondering where the moderators are too. I've read some posts that actually mention TA's names and they are not being pulled at all after being there for days.

My guess is that there a number of things going on and that CC is working hard to fix the problem. Almost all message boards go in cycles and have times when usage expands faster than capability. Yes, you can plan for that but sometimes, that's a huge expense and the pencil-pushers hate to lay out until there's a reason for it.

IMHO, it's been well over a month since the problems started and like everyone else, I wish they'd get fixed. I've had too many posts disappear into cyberspace without posting and I get the white screen, and others that I wait and wait and wait to post but according to my screen, don't. But when I check the board, they've posted. Very frustrating.

I've finally found a solution that seems to work for posting so I don't post multiple times. If we did not have cable don't think I'd ever be able to post with the way the boards have been.

Post and while it sits there and spins forever open another browser page and go to CC. Most of the time you see your post has posted but....it is still spinning away where you originally posted it. Just close the original to stop the spinning.

My guess is that there a number of things going on and that CC is working hard to fix the problem. Almost all message boards go in cycles and have times when usage expands faster than capability. Yes, you can plan for that but sometimes, that's a huge expense and the pencil-pushers hate to lay out until there's a reason for it.

IMHO, it's been well over a month since the problems started and like everyone else, I wish they'd get fixed. I've had too many posts disappear into cyberspace without posting and I get the white screen, and others that I wait and wait and wait to post but according to my screen, don't. But when I check the board, they've posted. Very frustrating.

The mods are usually pretty good at letting us know that the problem is being addressed but this time I have heard nothing. :rolleyes:

Ya know, if you don't like the rules here, and you don't like the way the moderators handle these forums, and you know of so many other places that you can discuss Princess, I guess it doesn't make any sense why you would post such negativity. I mean, nobody is forcing you to post on these boards I don't think.

It's great to have two sided discussions and we all don't always agree, but come on, lighten up a bit. Get over the fact you got a post pulled, it happens to all of us occasionally. Dwelling on it sure doesn't help your attitude. No, we aren't always happy campers and we do get into two sided banter occasionally. But cheer up.............it isn't a personal attack on you or anyone when a post gets pulled! :) :)

I agree, while its not the biggest deal in the world it still makes it difficult. If you dont like the show, go check out another one...

Post and while it sits there and spins forever open another browser page and go to CC. Most of the time you see your post has posted but....it is still spinning away where you originally posted it. Just close the original to stop the spinning.
Another trick: If your session seems to have stopped working, open a completely new browser session (not just a new browser window off your existing session). Log in to CC (unless you get automatically logged in). Sometimes, this kick starts your old session back into life. At any rate, the new session often works even if the old session is dead.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived