Picture costs?

laurspag

I have read a few NCL reviews with some complaints about the cost of pictures. It has me wondering...what does it cost on the Explorer to purchase a picture that's taken?
I truthfully have never been on the EOS, but pictures on most cruise lines run from $8.95 and UP!!:eek:

Seems like a lot of $$$$, but some of them are quite good.. a lot, tho' are just thrown in the dumper, so they have to cover their loss..!! :rolleyes: :p

I agree, it's a bit much. Sure beats $25.00 though!!! I think you just need to be selective and not grab every picture they take of you. I'll try to be good, this is my first cruise. :p

What we do is to keep piling up all the pictures from the week all together. They will display them by event/dinner seating/formal venue, etc. So we take all of the ones we like and put them all together and then the last day go pick the ones we like from the whole week, instead of choosing day by day because you might like something better later on and it saves you from spending more this way.:D

What we do is to keep piling up all the pictures from the week all together. They will display them by event/dinner seating/formal venue, etc. So we take all of the ones we like and put them all together and then the last day go pick the ones we like from the whole week, instead of choosing day by day because you might like something better later on and it saves you from spending more this way.:D

Thanks for the hint...I will do this as well on our first cruise which is March 2nd, on Freedom....

One way of holding down the cost of photography is to take some pics yourself. If you have a decent small digital camera carry it to dinner on formal nights & on shore excursions. Both waiter staff, and fellow passengers will be more then happy to use your camera & take pics. There are tons of opportunities for nice backdrops in the dining room and set locations around the ship. We usually take a lot of photos ourselves & are very selective (and somewhat thrifty) about the ships photographers purchases.

This is always my biggest expense but I don't mind since I don't spend alot on alcohol (rarely drink) so this is my biggest vice on the ship. :)

The 8x10's are $19.95. I just can't walk away for a picture of my kids. I might as well just have a big SUCKER tattooed across my forehead when I walk in there. ;)

I'm a total sucker for pictures myself! I like the idea of waiting and picking the best ones out towards the end of the cruise though. It will be a great thing, having something like that hanging on the wall to remind me of our vacation.

My daughters are quite a bit older, by the way. They will be 20 and 16 at the time we set sail. They are a ton of fun though!

Archived