November 8 San Juan Sailing - Serenade of the Seas

Mark

I am considering booking the Nov 8 Serenade of the Seas cruise out of San Juan on Sat November 8 which is a Crown and Anchor Members cruise.

My question is does the Serenade of the Seas dock in Old San Juan? The last couple of times I have been there I have been on Carnival ships and they docked in Old San Juan.

Also, what are the pros and cons of taking a taxi to and from the airport to the Serenade of the Seas versus the RCCL transfers on the bus? Does anyone know the time it takes in a taxi? the cost of the ride? how difficult it is to get a taxi at the airport and at the ship upon return?

Please advise

I am considering booking the Nov 8 Serenade of the Seas cruise out of San Juan on Sat November 8 which is a Crown and Anchor Members cruise.

My question is does the Serenade of the Seas dock in Old San Juan? The last couple of times I have been there I have been on Carnival ships and they docked in Old San Juan.

Also, what are the pros and cons of taking a taxi to and from the airport to the Serenade of the Seas versus the RCCL transfers on the bus? Does anyone know the time it takes in a taxi? the cost of the ride? how difficult it is to get a taxi at the airport and at the ship upon return?

Please advise

Mark,

If you go to the Cruise Critic members cruises section on the board page and go to Serenade of the Seas 11/8/08 you can find the answers to all your questions. This is a CC and CA cruise with lots of good people to help you out. Have a nice day and we look foward to seeing you on board.

Al & Mary Lee

I've only used transfers from RCCL in San Juan but this time after reading posts from other CCers we are taking a taxi. I've been told it is cheaper and more comfortable than the bus RCCL uses and you get there a lot quicker. There are plenty of cabs at the airport and pier.

We just sailed on the Serenade 1-19 and are going again next year. The Serenade departs from the Pan American pier across the harbor from Old San Juan. We always use taxi service, instead of transfers. It is much faster, as you are not waiting for them to fill up a bus. All prices from the airport are set and taxi availability is never a problem. We normally fly down a day early, to avoid weather delays, but you should have no problem in November. JetBlue flies direct to San Juan from JFK, and that is always our first choice.

You will love the Serenade of the Seas!

Eric

Archived