is this a rccl excursion?

do i book thru rccl?

is it/ safe fun ? also it says they provide trans to and from ship? have you used this? is it easy navigation? we are dummies:)

http://www.*****

Dolphin Discovery at Chanakanaab Park is where RCI takes you. Do not book this through RCI. RCI's website will describe a Royal Dolphin Swim but when you get there its really just a Dolphin Swim, we paid RCI $149 for a Royal Swim and got something less. Book the Royal Swim through Dolphin Discovery and you WILL get the Royal swim which includes being pulled through the water by hanging onto their fin AND being pushed through the water on your feet AND having free time swim with them AND having them leap over you. We could see the park's Royal dolphin swim group in the pen next to ours. They were having so much fun. The park provides you with a life vest (required whether you're a good swimmer or not) and fins with snorkel mask. The trainer is always there (as is the photographer). You'll only allowed to take waterproff cameras with you. When get to the end of the pier, there'll be a taxi stand, just take a cab to Chanakanaab Park, even just telling the driver Dolphin Discovery will get you there. The cab is about $14 one way and is priced per cab not per person. If the park will provide transportation, they will. Tour operators will be at the end of the pier holding up their nametag signs for you to lcoate your group. There's only 1 main road along the ocean and all the beach resorts and parks are located there. So When you're done with the dolphins you can spend some beach time at the park (nature trails, restaurants, shops, etc). Then catch a cab back to the ship. All the parks have taxi stands on their premises. Its only a 5-8 minute ride to the park so allow yourself time to get back to the ship before sailaway! So yes, it is safe, the highlight of Cozumel. P.S. - our dolphin was Pegasso (spanish for Pegasus), what a ham he was!

thank you wolfcathorse,

see your from mich we are also!

your answer is what i was looking for a quick question

did you book thru rccl?/ i cant be pushed by dolphin just had back surgery but was hoping to be pulled.. are you saying the 149.oo thru rccl wont due that?

thank you

I agree with wolfcarthorse- we booked direct with dolphindiscovery.com and for $149 each got the Royal Swim with dolphins, which is what he describes.

You won't get the same program by booking via RCCL- it's more of an encounter.

Just get a taxi to Chankanaab Park and pay entrance to the park ($16 each cash only) and allow a couple of hours there. If your ship doesn't get into port due to bad weather they will refund your money.

WE had a wonderful time.

I couldn't do the foot push either, but did all the other components, and it was thrilling.

do i book thru rccl?

is it/ safe fun ? also it says they provide trans to and from ship? have you used this? is it easy navigation? we are dummies:)

http://www.*****

We just did this last week, and it was great. I booked directly via that website, rather than through RCI. We went with the "Swim Adventure" rather than the Royal Swim. It was very good. We did a dolphin kiss, hug, belly ride and boogie push. The belly ride was very cool. The dolphin swims up beside you, belly up, and you grab both pectoral fins and go for a ride. The "boogie push" is you holding on to a boogie board, with feet together out behind you. Your dolphin comes up behing and pushes you (pretty fast!) through the water, by your feet. Those things are done one by one, then there's some additional time in the water with the dolphin as a group. All in all, it was a great excursion. The Royal Swim is a little more involved and lasts a bit longer.

The cab was $10 each way from the International Pier to Chankanaab Park. Admission to the park is included with your dolphin adventure. If you book on your own, just make sure you bring you confirmation paperwork with you. It's very fun and safe. Enjoy!!

Archived