Bermuda 2005

airlinerob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

NCL has 7 day Bermuda cruises out of New York from May 22, 2005 to Sept. 11, 2005 on the Norwegian Crown stopping at all 3 Bermuda ports. We wouldn't sail any other line but NCL to Bermuda because we like balcony cabins and free-style dining.

Hi:) I am sailing on Horizon May 7th out of Norfolk too!....Will be my 5th cruise on Celebrity but first time on this ship and first time to Bermuda...I am getting really excited:D

I use http://www.*****.com to see what's available. Click on "Find a Bargain" then your destination, and a list of all available cruises will come up. It's a good starting point to try and find out what cruise you want to take. You can check the itineraries by clicking on "Info #" in the left column.

Zenith gets my vote....going to Bermuda on it a 2nd time this April.

Dear AirlineRob:

My husband and I are going on a 7 night cruise to Bermuda sailing out of Bayonne, NJ with Celebrity (Zenith) on June 4, 2005. I know there is also a 5 night cruise sailing out of Bayonne through Royal Carribean (Voyager of the Seas) in May and June. I have never been on a small ship before, but I booked the 7 night with Zenith because it docks in Hamilton and St. George, which is were you want to be. The 5 night Voyager of the Seas docks in King Wharf for 1 1/2 days, but there is nothing to do there. In my opinion, that is a waste of a cruise (especially since both cruises are about the same price). If you are looking for beautiful beaches and exciting excursions then St. George is the place. For shopping, museums, etc. go to Hamilton. Hope the above was helpful to you.

Nancycapri:)

• 2 weeks later...

Was on the Zenith in May to Bermuda for 7 days docked in Hamilton and had no complaints. We were only on Carnival previously. So we had no way to compare Carnival with anyone.

Took Zenith out of NY, and can honestly say that I would never do that port again. Too congested, parking way out of control price wise. Sometimes parking is almost as much as the cruise.

Zeniths food was fabulous. I ate things on there that I dont even like eating and loved it. Their gala Buffet was unbeatable. They had lobster and even caviar. Probably spelled that wrong. They had Beef Wellington that was so delicious.

Now booked in November 2005 on Voyager of the Seas out of Bayonne and agree with you that the 5 day trip docked at the Dockyards is going to be a little hectic, however could not pass up the price of $323.00 for the cruise.

Booked it at a great time, as it is now going for $566.00. I guess it is like the stock market, you have to buy at the right time. So we will use the money saved to rent a taxi tour and just go to the sites that we missed the first time around and there were many we missed. Once you go to a beautfiul site you just want to hang around and enjoy it, however time passes so fast when you are on vacation. Hope you get to Horshoe Bay, if so, please note the cove to the right as you enter, it is beautfiul. We did the helmet diving also, that was great. If you do this, and you are easy to get sea sick, please take Bonnie or something for sure, as the boats are smaller and if the seas are choppie, trust me, it wont be pretty. If you are thinking of doing the Helmet Diving, and want to use Hartleys, book it early as we got locked out and had to go with someone else. Have a great time, Calm seas to all.

Royal Caribbean has a 5 day next year out of NJ, in June and July, I am looking into booking this cruise. I'm not happy about the 5 days but I want to go on a large ship, I dont want to do a smaller ship.

I too would love to go for 7 nights instead of 5, but my kids love the RCCL big ships with all the activites. We are going with a group of 18 on May29th on the Voyager of the Seas.

May not be beach weather in November in Bermuda. That could be why the price is so low.

Temperatures in Bermuda in early November are usually 70-75 degrees. The sea temperature is also around 70-75. If you get a sunny day then going to the beach is no problem, and in November the beaches shouldn't be crowded at all. I've been to the beach on nice days in December (but I didn't go swimming as the water was colder).

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder why RCL is only doing 5 days? It seems like such and odd amound of time. Anyway....I used to always agree that there is nothing to do at the Dockyards and that it would be awful to be out there. After last May, I have a difference of opinion now. You can take a water taxi to Hamilton if you want to shop or taxis or the bus to south shore beaches. I really believe that they are trying to build up that area. It is weird though that everything closes up at 5:00 or so. We were generally always back on the ship by 5:00 or 6:00 to sit in the hot tubs before getting ready for dinner. Who really goes to Bermuda to stay near the ship? Even when I am in Hamilton or St. Georges, I don't stay near the ship - I travel to other parts of the island. So, IMHO if it is the ship you want, who cares where it docks. Did Zenith out of NY and can't say anything nicer about it. I will miss it leaving from NY though. We get dropped off so we didn't see any of the congestion. When leaving from NJ, do you still go by the Statue of Liberty? When we cruised in Sept. 1996, we went by the statue just as the sun was setting behind it and it was really a magnificent sight.

The VOS is alternating the 5 night to Bermuda, with a 9 night Caribbean...hence the short Bermuda cruise :(

Regarding sailing past the Statue of Liberty, leaving from Bayonne NJ....well, if you look to the left, as the ship is leaving the dock in Bayonne, you will see her, at a distance, and I hope your camera has a zoom lense. Nothing like the view/s leaving from NYC piers. You will be almost to the Verrazano bridge!

Archived