Kudos to Passenger Service Desk on the Emerald

cruiselifers

I just wanted to share a nice surprise that I had today. We were on the Emerald 1/15/08-1/25/08 and had a wonderful time. I have commented here before how great the staff on our cruise and this incident just goes to prove it to me.

We had our last day at Princess Cay and we had asked one of the waiters if we could order Bloody Marys even though they were not on the menu(this was something new to us since our last cruise we had not stopped at Princess Cay, and did not know they started doing this "menu" thing). He was very nice, and went to the bartender and asked if we could order them. Bartender said yes, we could get a small or medium, so we got two mediums. So we had several rounds of Bloody Mary's and my husband had ordered one on his own and put it on his card. We figured they would just charge us what they charge on the ship for a medium Bloody Mary, like seven bucks with tip.

The next morning was the day we left, so we get our bill, and we were up super early, like 5am, and we notice that they charged us $21 each time we ordered the two drinks, but only $7 when my DH got his one drink. They also did not put the charges through until late the night before, like 10pm. So we went downstairs to the Passenger Service Desk, and I really wish I could remember the lady's name, because she was so wonderful, but we explained what happened. Since there are no receipts, she had to pull out these huge piles of the orders that they brought back from Princess Cays. She also called Food and Beverage and was not able to get anyone. She found one of our receipts because luckily it was right on top, and they had basically charged us for four shots and the juice. We showed her how they charged us for the same drink for DH just the $7 and said we just did not understand why there would be such a difference. She made copies of our bill(folio) and highlighted the discrepancy and said she would discuss it with Food and Beverage. I at that point figured it was just a lesson learned, and that if I ordered something not on the menu(drink) that I would make sure they wrote down the price before I signed it. It was not a huge amount of money but, it still bothered me. She was very nice to us the entire time.

So anyway, we got our Visa bill today, and there was the charge for our on-board account from Princess in the amount that was on the folio, and then posted six days later was a credit from Princess for $37.50 which was the amount that we felt was wrong plus the excess tip! I was so excited. Especially because we had tipped the waiter and bartender extra for making the different drinks for us lol. So thank you Princess for making this a very painless and unexpected treat for us. :)

By the way, I had told her not to bother going through all of those receipts because I did not think it was worth the thirty something dollars. And no other passengers were at the desk that early in the morning so I was not holding anyone else up. It just would not have been worth it to me. :rolleyes:

I have to say that the staff of the passenger service desk on the Emerald is the best I've experienced on Princess as well. I had a couple of corrections that needed done while sailing on her and they were handled quickly and efficiently.

Archived