We made an interesting purchase on Labadee!

Jungle Jane

We were on Labadee last week, and after all the great relaxing and exploring and food we were ready to shop. I was a bit chicken at first to go inside the markets. The first area you come to that is outside, I made a wide arc around that, they were a bit too aggressive and I could plainly see there was nothing there I wanted. I was about to go inside the 1st building but with all the shouting it spooked me, it was just me and my teenage daughter so we chickened out. I knew the next building was the artisan market where they don't harrass you so we went in there and were very comfortable. We shopped around, chose a bunch of stuff, among it all was a cute necklace my 13 y/o daughter fell in love with--we thought that was a palm tree on it...

84250940415_0_ALB.jpg

OOOPS! It was actually an older lady at dinner that night that said "Is that a pot leaf on your necklace?" Was my face RED!!! :eek:

So now we have a necklace that sits on the bureau and makes us giggle every time we see it, LOL!

Anyway, we did get our guts up and went back to the first building. I still was too nervous to go inside but with the way the building is made I could see thru the slats/windows and was very comfortable shopping from outside the building and bought a bunch of nice stuff. No more pot necklaces, though! :p

We were on Labadee last week, and after all the great relaxing and exploring and food we were ready to shop. I was a bit chicken at first to go inside the markets. The first area you come to that is outside, I made a wide arc around that, they were a bit too aggressive and I could plainly see there was nothing there I wanted. I was about to go inside the 1st building but with all the shouting it spooked me, it was just me and my teenage daughter so we chickened out. I knew the next building was the artisan market where they don't harrass you so we went in there and were very comfortable. We shopped around, chose a bunch of stuff, among it all was a cute necklace my 13 y/o daughter fell in love with--we thought that was a palm tree on it...

84250940415_0_ALB.jpg

OOOPS! It was actually an older lady at dinner that night that said "Is that a pot leaf on your necklace?" Was my face RED!!! :eek:

So now we have a necklace that sits on the bureau and makes us giggle every time we see it, LOL!

Anyway, we did get our guts up and went back to the first building. I still was too nervous to go inside but with the way the building is made I could see thru the slats/windows and was very comfortable shopping from outside the building and bought a bunch of nice stuff. No more pot necklaces, though! :p

Trying to post pic again:

OopsPotLeafNecklace.jpg

oh now i see it. I wouldnt have picked it as pot leaf though.I say just wear it and see WHO does recognise it!!!

Glad I'm not the only naive one! Everyone else said "What, are you stupid" or "have you always lived under a rock?" because I didn't recognize it! LOL!

I am going to look up the Budget Travel Magazine, Ottocal, thanks for letting me know :)

Thats a cute story.. same thing happened to me when we went on our Imagination cruise. . I was 15 at the time.. we missed the ship and when we were in cancun the night before we caught up with the boat I bought a teeshirt and my dad was with me. . just thinking it was a funny shirt.. it said I've fallin and I can't get up. . with Cancun on it.. well I wore it to school when I got home and someone came up to me and said.. that is marijuanna leaves on that shirt. . and of course I have never seen what they look like so I had no clue. . lol so I had to to turn it inside out for the rest of the day and I never wore it again.

• 2 weeks later...

from Cozumel..sturdy, 1/8 wide.. ..shaped question mark, at the bottom, it had a curl that i hv many things that go on it..925 silver shaped to fit neck area..u dont even feel it on..I always let ladies try it..they are amazed. every cruise, I am on a mission to find a complete set..dangle piece, er's ring, brclt if poss...it looks like it is coming out of the left side on my neck, comes around back of neck, down to a gentle curve, and reverses the curl..it takes some fairly wide enhancers..probably over 150 compliments is the last 10 cruises in a year. What an investment!..just plain it is great too.there are some real "thinny thin" ones but mine is 1/16..and a nice plain finish.

from Cozumel..sturdy, 1/8 wide.. ..shaped question mark, at the bottom, it had a curl that i hv many things that go on it..925 silver shaped to fit neck area..u dont even feel it on..I always let ladies try it..they are amazed. every cruise, I am on a mission to find a complete set..dangle piece, er's ring, brclt if poss...it looks like it is coming out of the left side on my neck, comes around back of neck, down to a gentle curve, and reverses the curl..it takes some fairly wide enhancers..probably over 150 compliments is the last 10 cruises in a year. What an investment!..just plain it is great too.there are some real "thinny thin" ones but mine is 1/16..and a nice plain finish.

You MUST post a pic!! I want one!!!

all i did was sketch a pic and the girl led me right to it..others I've seen are not the same guage..I got it near Rachat Romero, after passing, on way to the Forum Shops..good luck..it is awwwwsome..let me knowe how you fare with your search..bargin like cwazy..as it was heavy, I think $150 to $180..or maybe it was $90 to $120, older now! just follow my directions of my description..lucky

all i did was sketch a pic and the girl led me right to it..others I've seen are not the same guage..I got it near Rachat Romero, after passing, on way to the Forum Shops..good luck..it is awwwwsome..let me knowe how you fare with your search..bargin like cwazy..as it was heavy, I think $150 to $180..or maybe it was $90 to $120, older now! just follow my directions of my description..lucky

The way you describe it I picture it to be something like this shape only much heavier: http://www.naturalmysticdesigns.com/images/jewelry_%20pics/chains/NCSF4m1.jpg

Right? I've wanted one like that for only....ever!!!

Need to get my butt back to Coz! When we were there I wasn't thinking about it b'c I was busy helping DD (13, tomboy) find "THEE" ring, which was a cute heavier band with dolphins all round. We haggled our fannies off, started at $22 and she got the guy down to $6!!! THAT'S my GIRL! LOL!

mine is prob shapeable, but not too bendable that it gets mis-shapen doing the on n off thing..as it is soooo comfy anyway..I looked at the site....even tho mine is flat, it has a very gentle rounded edge..and same exact direction..how fab is that! I just weighed it on my kg scale,,over 30 grams..!

mine is prob shapeable, but not too bendable that it gets mis-shapen doing the on n off thing..as it is soooo comfy anyway..I looked at the site....even tho mine is flat, it has a very gentle rounded edge..and same exact direction..how fab is that! I just weighed it on my kg scale,,over 30 grams..!

Ok now I don't want one....

I NEED ONE!

I'll take one in gold and one in silver please :)

Mother's Day is coming in about a month and a half, right? Gonna have to drop a few hints for hub!

Trying to post pic again:

OopsPotLeafNecklace.jpg

Does anyone know what this material is called? It looks like gunmetal. I should have asked when we bought it. I ended up getting DD a different palm tree necklace (YES it's really a palm tree! LOL ) and I'm sure she'll love it but I think she really would have loved to have a necklace of the same material since it was the actual metal that she fell in love with, chose the "palm tree" after. Shoulda gone with the dolphin! LOL!

if it has a metal "looking" quality, and, when "bumped on your teeth, (.yeesss, teeth,) it has a glass sound..cud be Hematite..the "old Alaskan Diamond" stuff...prob a quartz derivative

That describes it exactly, it's sorta metal sorta heavy glass. I googled hematite and that's IT! That stuff is CHEAP! $3, $4, $5 for necklaces on line. I just bought a few cute ones for DD, a sun, dolphin, elephant. Not too girly since she's such a tomboy but still very nice. Why is this stuff so cheap?

are in the ground, so el-cheep-o..to mine, as it is plentiful in AK..allll that tundra!!!!..lots of stuff fo the beaders these days. Cinco Soles in Coz, has loose n strung beads..cords and findings too. Glad to hv helped,again...keep the Q's comin...lucky

Cinco Soles in Coz, has loose n strung beads..cords and findings too. Glad to hv helped,again...keep the Q's comin...lucky

Sad I missed that. We were so focused on finding THEE perfect silver ring for DD in Coz that we totally didn't even think of trying to find that kind of necklace there.

chatted w/ DH, he has a reeeeel early gig, 2 flights actually, Tues. I'm just starting to re-conoiter the travel gear, as my orig one went up in flames w, BC/PP, and $$$..old well got all new!..got a nice summery shell n blouse today..Got a few new Chicos too. Gee I counted up..out of the last 578 days, I hv cruises 72 days, just 2 more in that mix w/RCCL, Each time is still exciting and new to me....glad it all counts..some are b2b, in the fall when $ are lower, and w/hubbys interline rate..yippee..he dosent like cruising, just keep him flying he says!..Catch u later..lucky

Archived