Specialty Restaurants -where do the kids go?

mysparky

I've searched the threads and haven't been able to find an answer to my question, but I apologize if this has been asked and answered a thousand times already!

This is our 2nd cruise, first time with RCL. We'll be on Freedom of Seas in April and DH and I want to go to Chops for dinner one night. I'm curious as to what we do with the kids?! I'm thinking that we should go with them to Windjammer and have them eat, and then have them go to the kid's clubs while we go to dinner. My kids will be in separate groups as DD is 9 and DS is 12.

What have you done in the past, what seems to work well?

Thank you!

That's what we do. We take the kids to dinner first. And since you are on Freedom you have different choices to take them to, not necessarily just the windjammer.

Our kids always wanted to go to Sorrentos. But you can take them to Johnny Rockets, Cafe Promenade or the WJ.

We made our appt for 7pm so we could drop them off at the club at 6:45pm and be to Portofino for dinner by 7.

The AO pages link is in my signature if you want to see the activities they will be going to.

That's what we do. We take the kids to dinner first. And since you are on Freedom you have different choices to take them to, not necessarily just the windjammer.

Our kids always wanted to go to Sorrentos. But you can take them to Johnny Rockets, Cafe Promenade or the WJ.

We made our appt for 7pm so we could drop them off at the club at 6:45pm and be to Portofino for dinner by 7.

The AO pages link is in my signature if you want to see the activities they will be going to.

Thanks for posting the activity pages for RCCL. I was interested in the 3-5 year old ones. So a parent can send their child to AO for supper? So is the 5:45 dinner with or without parents? There were lots of activities listed on those. I'm impressed. I hope to let our 3 year old try a few of them if I can talk dh into leaving him for a little while. We'll be on the Jewel in October.

We have given the kids (8 and 10) the option of either going to the buffet or ordering room service. Since they eat breakfast and lunch at the buffet room service is a treat, so they usually go with that. They eat their dinner right on our balcony while DH and I get ready. Our last cruise was on Celebrity, so hours were never a problem as they don't close the Fun Factory.

Hope this helps,

Kim

Thanks for posting the activity pages for RCCL. I was interested in the 3-5 year old ones. So a parent can send their child to AO for supper? So is the 5:45 dinner with or without parents? There were lots of activities listed on those. I'm impressed. I hope to let our 3 year old try a few of them if I can talk dh into leaving him for a little while. We'll be on the Jewel in October.

Some nights, AO will take kids to Johnny Rockets for dinner (without the parents). You have to sign up beforehand (some have said the morning of, but on our Explorer cruise, it was the night before) and there is no additional charge (not even the typical JR cover charge). AO is also a choice if you still want to eat dinner first with your kids, and if you want to do an even later dinner, you can take advantage of the in cabin babysitting (I think it is $8/hour). We did that a couple of times after our son went to sleep.

Archived