Finally booked our first cruise aboard the Victory

Jeffski

Carnival Victory - leaving March 9 from Miami - stopping in Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

This is our first cruise so we are very excited. The whole family is going, wife and I plus kids ages 6, 9, and 17. We booked a balcony room, deck 6. I thought I'd start a thread so we can ask some questions as they arise.

Who has sailed this ship and can share their opinion/experience?

We don't leave on the Victory until June but we have been to those ports of call. Loved Cozumel, especially the street vendors. When you get to Ocho Rios, be sure to see the rain forests and climb Dunns River Falls. The kids will love it. The Cayman's have a lot of shopping.

we were on her two years ago, and that hooked us. we went on the valor last year. planning our next now, and will most likely be on the splendor. you will love victory as the color scheme is all blues and greens. lovely ship. miami is easy to cruise from, the new port facilities are superb (open in time for our second cruise). we arrived around 11:00am and were onboard before noon. enjoy your cruise, and try not to do it all. our first cruise we hardly slept, trying to see and do it all. second time we slowed down a bit and was more relaxing. you will probably experience the same thing. it is almost overwhelming the first time.

doug

Hey there Steaks, We were on the 12/16th Victory as well.

Had a Nice time. To the newbie going on the Victory My kids said to reccomend swimming with the dolphins...The royal swim, It is a little pricey But the memories will last a lifetime. And you can go directly to their website & book, It is cheaper than booking it thur the cruise. In Grand Cayman when you get off the ship at the pier there are SEVERAL locals there to offer a trip, we found a trip to Sting~Ray City for like 15~20 a person & he was Awesome, He even dropped us off at the beach afterwards & came back couple hours later to get us. Have a Great Trip ~Robin~:cool:

See you on the boat.

We're doing the river tubing in Ochos with a non-carnival guide, but haven't booked anything else. We were in Cayman and Cozumel last year - If your kids are brave, do Stingray City on Cayman, an experience you'll never forget. We're without the 12 and 17 year olds this trip, but can probably share some war stories over a soda or two on board... :p

Check the roll call for other activities going on also, one guy wants to go fishing in Cozumel and is looking for someone to go with him.

On deck 6 and 7 there are doors to the front of the ship. Great for arrivals and leaving ports. Bring binoculars (allthough we went in late June and everytime I went from AC cabin to outside they fogged up). Also the front is not lit at night and great for star watching. Look closely for that couple that might be over on the lawn chair enjoying the dark.

Archived