Suit or Military Dress Blues for Formal Nights?

dfminor

My ability to cruise has more to do with the people who don the uniforms of companies like McDonalds and Walmart than do those who wear military uniforms. Sorry, this is a fact. My stock options in companies who require those who they exploit ( e.g. their workers) to wear uniforms gives me the financial freedom I need to enjoy cruising. Just like unions were needed at one point in time, so was our military. They are both obsolete nowadays, just my opinion. I dont need to be told WHO I should be thanking for my ability to vacation as I please. I thank MYSELF.

I personally want to apologize to the original poster for comments such as these. I am the wife of a wonderful man that earned a Purple Heart in Iraq for injuries he received from a roadside bomb. To hear someone say that the military is "obsolete" is to hear someone that obviously has never had to send a family member off to war or had a chaplin visit them with terrible news. I have experienced both. I am so proud of all of the men and women that have served. So, YES...where your dress blues proudly. And to the negative poster, you may not believe this, but the military is still there for you. Has your cruise ship ever been taken over by terrorist? NO, and guess who has protected you from that.

Have a nice...safe...day!

Listen, I feel awfully for anyone who has suffered the horrors of war, especially trivial ones. There WERE necessary wars, in the past, just like there was a necessity for unions protecting the rights and safety of workers. There hasnt been a necessary war in 60+ years. The reason why. We have more and bigger bombs. We won, gave over. Anything now is just for the amusement of our elected leaders, exploiting those who don the uniforms MORE than Walmart and McDonalds exploit their human assets. Its sad, and im done.

If you don't want to start crap, don't make poorly thought out statements. If you don't realize that the people in uniform contributed to your ability to take cruises. You slept thru or avoided every history course in you education.

Dan

Probably has a "liberal arts" degree. :rolleyes:

If McDonalds and Wal-mart exlpoit their workers why do you own stock in these companies. If these are your true feeling why don't you take the money you make from these stocks and walk into one of these companies and give the money to the employees that are being exploited instead of taking a cruise and enjoying yourself while these people are still being exploited. As for the fine traditon of the military keeping our country safe for democracy, this is one of the few things the founding fathers wanted from the federal government and even though you will not admit it they are the reason no other country or entity has attacked has our country since WWII (except 9/11). And as for the bombs etc keeping us safe who do you think would be the ones to deliver those bombs if they become neccesary,Heaven forbid.Oh you probably don't believe in God either.

Keith

:D Asking for anyones opinion...any "advantages" in wearing my Dress Blues on the formal nights (besides my wife really likes it when I wear them)? I am a senior NCO in the Army AND will be celebrating my wife's 50th birthday on our next cruise. Thanks!!

Military Dress Blues, hands down!

And thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service to this country.

I vote for dress blues and I would wear them with pride and honor. Not everyone can wear them. It is because of people like you that we have the freedom to take trips like this. Be proud of what you have earned. Thanks for the sacafrices.

Only two worthy points for you to consider have been made on this thread. They are:

1. It is your right to wear your dress uniform, you earned the right, and you should do it!

2. You will attract attention...alot of attention! So if you would prefer anonymity on board then perhaps you may want to take that into consideration.

My wife really likes it when I wear my formal Kilt! I do at home and no one hardly even notices! I did it once on a cruise! Won't again. Not sure what it is about a Kilt but people....especially women....go nuts over a guy in a Kilt!

On the cruise to Panama I wore it....along with two other guys who were Scots....and we spent the whole evening in the lounge hopping up and down for people to take pictures of us!

I prefer quiet anonymity!

But no matter what you wear....you will have a good time!

:D Asking for anyones opinion...any "advantages" in wearing my Dress Blues on the formal nights (besides my wife really likes it when I wear them)? I am a senior NCO in the Army AND will be celebrating my wife's 50th birthday on our next cruise. Thanks!!

I say wear what ever you feel most comfortable wearing. If you're comfortable with the attention you'll get then wear it.

Thank you for your service and the sacrifices you and your family make to give us freedom!

Listen, I feel awfully for anyone who has suffered the horrors of war, especially trivial ones. There WERE necessary wars, in the past, just like there was a necessity for unions protecting the rights and safety of workers. There hasnt been a necessary war in 60+ years. The reason why. We have more and bigger bombs. We won, gave over. Anything now is just for the amusement of our elected leaders, exploiting those who don the uniforms MORE than Walmart and McDonalds exploit their human assets. Its sad, and im done.
The really sad thing is that you no doubt actually believe this garbage. But, sleep well tonight our servicemen and women are out there so you can even if you are a maroon.

My hubby hates the extra attention of being in uniform, much less dress blues.

So he just travels incognito and wears the ol' shirt and tie. :cool:

But that's my hubby!

Here also----:( DH is the same way.

Im sorry, not to get political or start crap, but the reason im able to go cruising has ZERO to do with someone being in a uniform, and has everything to do with my education, job, lack of children, and ability to save money for a few trips a year.

You have freedom. Freedom...oh how we take it for granted (some more than others).

Don't go into the history lessons by reading a book.

Talk to someone who was there - that will be your best history lesson ever! Go to a country where the people have no freedom. It will open your eyes.

Not fussing ~ not flaming but there are so many people in this country who seem to know nothing of what they are talking about when it comes to the military.

Live it, learn it, go a day in someone else's shoes! REAL LIFE will teach you more than you will ever learn from years in a classroom.

Good luck and God bless all the troops, families, and everyone else.

Im sorry, not to get political or start crap, but the reason im able to go cruising has ZERO to do with someone being in a uniform, and has everything to do with my education, job, lack of children, and ability to save money for a few trips a year.

:eek: Obviously your "education" didn't include American history........

If you check my avitar, you'll see that my DH wears his dress "whites" on our cruises....he's retired from the Navy after 22 years. He makes it a practice of going up to anyone in dress uniform and thanking them and offering to buy them a drink.

My 19 yo son wore his Navy uniform on our last cruise. He looks so wonderful in it and I am very very proud of him. Of course because he is underage he turned down the drink offers. (I told him he could give them to me!). He will be wearing it again on our cruise to Alaska in May.Cindy

I have read a couple of your reviews in other posts and this one takes the cake. From being a terrible tablemate, to this. I served in the military for 11 years and the reason I served, was so you can have the freedom to make a statement like this(give me a break)! I got out of the army 8 years ago and still tear up when I hear the national anthem. Do us all a favor and join the snobs on the more upscale lines. We don't need your type on this brand.

Archived