50th Anniversary Ideas

njtwinmom

We are going on a family vacation on the Eurodam Nov 1. My parents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Any ideas of special things we can do for them? Other ships have staterooms decorations, but this line doesn't seem to do that. Any ideas? Thanks!

We are going on a family vacation on the Eurodam Nov 1. My parents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Any ideas of special things we can do for them? Other ships have staterooms decorations, but this line doesn't seem to do that. Any ideas? Thanks!

How about paying for a renewal of vows. It seems a very nice thing to do. I was going to surprise my DW on a Sept' Med' cruise for our 50th this year but have had to cancel due to health issues. :( If the issues are resolved satisfactorily we will re book and I will do the vows renewal. :)

njtwinmom,

Just some suggestions, as they occurred to me:

You could do simple things like arranging for flowers/champagne/etc. in their cabin or having the dining room bring them a cake one night at dinner -- the dining room often brings birthday cakes, and I imagine they would do so for an anniversary.

You could make reservations for your family in the Pinnacle or (I've not been on Eurodam) the other specialty restaurant the ship has, I believe up top. The Pinnacle is special any night, but on Noordam last fall, the Pinnacle had a couple of special "tasting" nights during which the chefs really "showed off" their talents, and the meal was accompanied with flights of different wines to complement the dishes. You could book a table and make the evening a family celebration.

Or, if you have a larger family group, you might book a reception one day in one of the lounges or side areas of the Crows Nest. Call HAL HQ and ask to speak to the onboard event coordinator staff for Eurodam. I found the ones for Noordam to be very helpful arranging our CC meet and greet, and I think the Eurodam staff may have other ideas as well to help your family celebrate this great milestone. Maybe they could ask the Captain to announce their anniversary at the welcome reception, or something like that. I don't know if the ship would do that, but the onboard staff could probably tell you.

Best wishes for a great family cruise!

Dave

On the Noordam last week, several cabins were decorated with balloons and door signs that were probably made at home.

We did the renewal of vows a few years ago and it was very special.

I like the idea of reserving one of the small rooms and having a cocktail party for the family. Pinnacle Grill will be nice too.

Good luck and good luck to your parents too. 50 years is quite an accomplishment these days!

Archived