3 day cruise any formal nights??

Jen&Rich

According to the Holland America T/A site it is 3 casual and 0 formal

Thanks! Well..we might just have to get dressy for at least one of them..taking our 4 yr old for the first time :) Do they take alot of pictures on 3 day cruises?? we usually go on 7 days..but we thought this would be a good start for our daughter

Thanks! Well..we might just have to get dressy for at least one of them..taking our 4 yr old for the first time :) Do they take alot of pictures on 3 day cruises?? we usually go on 7 days..but we thought this would be a good start for our daughter

I am sure there will be lots of pictures. Lets face it that is a huge money maker.

Also taking your little one on the first cruise and keeping it short is a great idea. I bet everyone will have a great time.

Nita

Jen & Rich:

We saw you were going to be on the 3 day sailing. My sister and I will also be on this cruise and decided to bring my 4 year old son. Did Holland America inform you that the Club Hal doesn't open till 8pm? How are you handling dinner each night?

I tried to cancel our cruise today (we just booked yesterday) because the representative told us on the phone that we could bring our son to the buffet at 5:30pm, then drop him off at Club Hal and have plenty of time to have dinner in the dining room and then see a show. She told me it closed at 10pm.. which was perfect since I knew he would be ready for bed by then. She did say that Club Hal was not going to be open on port days (which contradicted the website) and she suggested I call ship's services in the morning to figure out if it was or was not open during port days.

When I called first thing this morning I was told they definately were open all day on Sunday in Nassau, and we could have our son in the program and go on a shore excursion. Ships services also told me Club Hal opens at 8pm each night. I said that would never work for us and she said to call reservations immediately and cancel and ask for a refund since the agent gave us the wrong info.

Hours later..and 3 supervisors... they refused to cancel our reservation, even though we had just made it the night before. We stand to lose $760. The head of reservations has credited our account $50 to pay staff to babysit our son so we can go to dinner. Problem is, he mentioned babysitting in our room.... something I am not comfortable with. So it is a mess. All I wanted to do was cancel so I could quickly change to Carnival, which had a program more in line with what we were looking for. Yes, we would lose money on airline change fees, but a ship's children's program (including hours) was our biggest determining factor. We also wanted a short cruise because it would give us a chance to see how our son handled it before we tried something longer.

FYI... not sure what you paid for your child, but they did not charge us for our son. They said it was a promotion, and he was free... all we paid is $$43.71 in taxes.... another deciding factor in our decision. We really wanted a 4 day cruise, but we decided to try this.

It bothers me that I spoke in length to this agent about not taking my son in the dining room (he is super hyperactive and does not sit well for a long meal). She even gave us open seating so we could go when ever we had him settled in Club Hal....

I would love to know if they informed you about the hours before you booked the cruise. Tonight I sent off emails to a few VPs at their corporate office... but it looks like we'll be seeing you on the ship... especially if your child is in Club Hal...

Archived