Ocean View vs. Interior Rooms on Liberty

lizzy99

We are in a bind - of which rooms to book on the Liberty. Ocean View on decks 2 or 3 or an interior room on deck 8? Can anyone provide any experiences that you have had with both? Pros or Cons?

Ideally we wanted a balcony but they are all taken.

We are in a bind - of which rooms to book on the Liberty. Ocean View on decks 2 or 3 or an interior room on deck 8? Can anyone provide any experiences that you have had with both? Pros or Cons?

Ideally we wanted a balcony but they are all taken.

Sorry you can't get the balcony. In my opinion, seems to me the ocean view is better than an interior. you gotta at least see some natural light and what's going on outside.

When are you cruising?

No! Water will NOT be at window level! The water level will be way below you! But, I'd sure hate to have to use the elevator to go anywhere else on the ship--they are sooooo sloooow! At least on deck 8, you could use the stairs to come and go from the pool if you wanted to--but 9 flights is a bit much, IMO!

Hi - we are cruising on Liberty 5/24 in an inside cabin. We've done Voyager, Explorer, Sovereign, all inside cabins; did Serenade with a balcony. The balcony was nice (our teen kids slept on it), but we've always been happy with an inside cabin. That being said, we own a 21 foot travel trailer, so we're used to tight spaces! As much as we liked the balcony, my wife & I agreed we were just as happy inside, as we spent so little time in the room. If any of you are at all claustrophobic, go for the OV. The main thing to realize is that an inside cabin will have no daylight; some people don't like that - it really depends on your personal perspective.

i have sailed in ov, interiors and balconies and of course balconies are my favorite! on our last cruise we booked it last minute and it was just an extra cruise we decided to take on the sovereign and we had an inside cabin. we thought we were going to hate it because its only about 119 sq. ft. which is the size of our closet, but when it was all said and done we would do it again in a heartbeat. so if i had to choose between lower deck ov and higher deck inside, i would def choose the inside. the one thing i don't like is being far away from the action and having to take the elevators everywhere.

LizI we were in the same situation as you are in we went with a promanode room on the LOS. Look into that I think, the room are a little smaller than you oceanview but you see all the action down there. Don't worry about the noise factor its very quiet up there.

The one thing that would freak me out about being on Deck 2 on Liberty is that when in port, everyone heads down the stairs and lines up to disembark the ship. The stairs are packed on those decks.

Yes I need some sort of outside light source but that's a tough call.

Can you move your vacation week to the week before or after? And if you do book, call RCCL when it reaches time for final payment...more cabins open up.

LizI we were in the same situation as you are in we went with a promanode room on the LOS. Look into that I think, the room are a little smaller than you oceanview but you see all the action down there. Don't worry about the noise factor its very quiet up there.

We were in a promenade with Mariner, and just loved it! We booked the same room on LOS in March of 09, and can't wait!!!!

We, too, have booked Promenade cabins (connecting 6295 & 6297) for our 6/28 Liberty cruise. Even if they're noisy or behind the cow's butt, the novelty of being able to watch the activities on the promenade made it a good decision for us. No matter what, if it's a choice between a less than wonderful cabin location and not cruising, I'd take the cruise in a heartbeat :D

Katink

Archived