Rol call Legand TRANSATLANTIC 6TH APRIL 2008

t and e

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

:( We're a little jealous of those who left from Ft Lauderdale today on the Pride's TA Crossing. However, we know that our day will be here soon enough so we'll try and get over it!

:confused: At any rate, we got our documents last week and in going through them I did not see any itinerary showing the number of Formal Nights. Where do we go or how do we find this out in order to prepare and pack properly?

:confused: Also, is there any need to pack a robe or bring a hair dryer? I've seen on Seabourn's website that these are provided, but I've also read in some of these forums that they are not always provided.

:D We're really looking forward to our crossing and meeting everyone next month!

Thanks,

Anne

Hi Anne,

There will be three formal nights - the "pre"-docs booklet is where this is indicated. You are right it does not state anything about it in the final documents.

Bathrobes and hair dryers are provided in all suites on all Seabourn yachts. I've never not had those amenities!

See you in 3 weeks! :D

Thanks for the information, CruisnMatt! For some reason, we do not have any pre-booking documents since we signed up on a whim very recently -- I'm just glad we didn't sign up a year ago and have to wait because the anticipation might have done me in!

Is there anything else in pre-booking documents that might be helpful? We used my Mother's TA, so I might ask her if she could go back to the TA for this info.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing everyone!

The Pre-Cruise documents really aren't necessary for most purposes. They include information about visa requirements, tours, contact info, insurance and the like.

Seabourn is very good about getting them out quickly for last minute guests. I am not sure what you mean by last minute, but I have guests who booked a March 30th cruise in February and they had the Pre-Cruise documents two days before the tickets...which are sent out 30 days prior.

Thanks Iamboatman and LaPaloma!

We booked sometime in February because of a brochure my Mother received in the mail late last year. We were going to book directly through Seabourn, but decided at the last minute to use a TA she's worked with in the past. I'm not sure why we did not get any pre-cruise docs, but as you indicated, it doesn't sound like we're missing out on much info for this trip.

Thanks!

Less than 2 weeks away!! :D

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and toasting to a great crossing during the sailaway in Fort Lauderdale! :)

I couldn't agree more!

And how do we recognise all the CC'ers?

I have no idea how: Lifelover, Loungeboy, Jahreline, CruisinMatt, WEE WEE, Ame 1993, t and e and cruiseman58 look like! I do know Daneite and I may recognise Crystal 808, but all the others.... no idea!

You can all see my little picture in my profile, so hopefully you will come and introduce yourself to me.

Marja

I couldn't agree more!

And how do we recognise all the CC'ers?

I have no idea how: Lifelover, Loungeboy, Jahreline, CruisinMatt, WEE WEE, Ame 1993, t and e and cruiseman58 look like! I do know Daneite and I may recognise Crystal 808, but all the others.... no idea!

You can all see my little picture in my profile, so hopefully you will come and introduce yourself to me.

Marja

Marja: I may have a CC cap, or carry around a CC tote bag, on occasion, but I KNOW I'll recognize you!! Otherwise, you'll probably recognize me, particularly around the Sky Bar (weather-permitting, of course!).

Paul :)

the other one

Michigan Dave organized us on the Pride in SA and had a little 'get together' at 10 in the Lounge on the first sea day (not a problem on a crossing). Why not do that, very informally. It was very nice and I didn't have to go around and ask the waitstaff who was who, especially with the CC nicknames.

I know Crystal and Daneite and I know what Marja and husband look like. If I were placing bets, you can probably say that I will be the youngest guest on the crossing, but I do also have a small swatch of grey hair in the front.

Michigan Dave organized us on the Pride in SA and had a little 'get together' at 10 in the Lounge on the first sea day (not a problem on a crossing). Why not do that, very informally. It was very nice and I didn't have to go around and ask the waitstaff who was who, especially with the CC nicknames.

JaneBP,

Being a total "newbie" or neophyte or whatever you want to call me, I love your idea of an informal get together. I'm sure even at that rate, I'll have to ask people their names a couple of times before I can finally remember! Count me in! :)

>"Count me in! "

Well, you just can't be 'counted in' but now have to organize it! <G> That's easy. Just post a notice on this thread that on such and such a day anyone from the CC crowd who wants to meet and greet should assemble in the forward lounge on..pick a day.

Then be sure to take a list of those who say they will be onboard, so you can take a 'roll call'. Even if no one shows up, just have a BBC and you will have a great time.

I know Crystal and Daneite and I know what Marja and husband look like. If I were placing bets, you can probably say that I will be the youngest guest on the crossing, but I do also have a small swatch of grey hair in the front.

I've read your profile; you're not telling the truth here or there Matt (if that is your name at all - there is a fair good chance it is!)

I'm sure we will all meet one day or another and all the other non CC guests. I know quite a few of them already.

Marja

Marja, for some reason my date of birth is set to - "Date of Birth - October 1, 1910" - the year is WAY off. I need to contact the administrator to have that changed!

Somehow I already had that idea!

I was thinking about a way to draw your attention to it.

Marja

Archived