Caribbean Princess Review - 2/10 - 2/17

steveNcindy

I am very interested in the lotus spa package you booked. My Mom surprised me last week with a trip on the Caribbean Princess for my birthday and we sail in 3 weeks!!! YEAH :D Poor Gary (DH) he will stay home and keep the pets company and work!!!

I was thinking of treating my mom to the spa package you talked about, but I can't seem to find any info on the Princess site. How much was it and what did it include? How did you book it (on line prior - or once you were on the ship). Thanks for the great review and the help!

Cindy:p

Cindy - we just went up to the Spa when after we boarded and signed up for the Couples Pass - It was $115 total for the both of us. You could then use the Thermal Suite all week any time you wanted between 8 and 8. There is a great steam room (very hot), an aromatherapy steam room, a dry sauna, 2 really nice big multihead showers and 5 warm stone loungers to use. We spent anywhere from a half hour to an hour in there everyday. Very relaxing.

Excellent review! Thanks so much for posting all the details. The videos and photos were such a nice addition, too. I also loved Cindy's red dress - it is gorgeous! You two make quite a nice looking couple, escpecially when you were all decked out in you formal night finery. I was seriously considering the UBD for my upcoming cruise and after your comments and photos, I will definitely book that right away! I also loved hearing about the "specials" you found in the ports. That's my kind of specials, too!!!

Thanks again!

Texalana :)

Excellent review! Thanks so much for posting all the details. The videos and photos were such a nice addition, too. I also loved Cindy's red dress - it is gorgeous! You two make quite a nice looking couple, escpecially when you were all decked out in you formal night finery. I was seriously considering the UBD for my upcoming cruise and after your comments and photos, I will definitely book that right away! I also loved hearing about the "specials" you found in the ports. That's my kind of specials, too!!!

Thanks again!

Texalana :)

Have a great cruise, I am sure you will love the dinner.

Good luck too on locating the "specials" :D

Never docked at Crown Point. Are there stores there like Havensite or do I need to go into town.

There are 6 or 7 shops open but there is much more shopping both downtown ($4 cab ride each way) or Havensight ($5 cab ride each way)

Steve

Thanks again for the info. I think I am going to do this for my Mom. I think she will LOVE it!!!

Stay warm - we are freezing our butts off here in Wisconsin!!!!

It was minus 21 this morning with the wind chill here, the first thing I see when I turn on the computer was the CB webcam showing the pier in St. Maarten - that was tough to take. Have a great cruise.

Steve,

Great review! I loved the video of "our cruise" coming in. We were disembarking as you were embarking. We had smooth seas and only had a few hours of rough seas on our first day out.

Joan

I tried to get a couple of pictures but since it was still dark, they didn't turn out.

We are on the Caribbean Princess March 2 sailing and are coming in from Ann Arbor, MI! I really enjoyed your review and it's making me even MORE excited!

A couple of questions:

- I'm trying to find out which menu is on Tues and Thurs. It seems they sometimes flip them. I realize you did the balcony dinner on Thurs, but do you remember which menu was on Tues. Was it Caribbean (Butterfish, braised lamb, pork saddle roast, Fish and shellfish Pot-au-feu) or was it Chef's Dinner (Sea Bass, King crab legs, pork tenderloin, rack of lamb)? We are trying to decide which night to do a specialty resturant.

- How much was the Ultimate Balcony dinner per person? I know I've seen the price somewhere on the boards, but can't find it!

Again, thanks for the awesome review!

A couple of questions:

- I'm trying to find out which menu is on Tues and Thurs. It seems they sometimes flip them. I realize you did the balcony dinner on Thurs, but do you remember which menu was on Tues. Was it Caribbean (Butterfish, braised lamb, pork saddle roast, Fish and shellfish Pot-au-feu) or was it Chef's Dinner (Sea Bass, King crab legs, pork tenderloin, rack of lamb)? We are trying to decide which night to do a specialty resturant.

- How much was the Ultimate Balcony dinner per person? I know I've seen the price somewhere on the boards, but can't find it!

Again, thanks for the awesome review!

Tuesday I believe was the Caribbean dinner (the Shellfish Pot-au-feu was excellent) and Thursday was the Chef's Dinner.

The UBD was $50 per person and we also gave the waiter a tip afterwards.

Have a great cruise.

Tuesday I believe was the Caribbean dinner (the Shellfish Pot-au-feu was excellent) and Thursday was the Chef's Dinner.

The UBD was $50 per person and we also gave the waiter a tip afterwards.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks for the quick reply and great info!

Have another question for you! I've been reading reviews about the shower curtain problems (hugging) ... and they suggest magnets and a clip. Can you elaborate? what should I bring - fridge magnets or stronger - how many and how does this work/help?

I'm sure you are enjoying the lovely (FREEZING) weather we have here!

Thanks for the quick reply and great info!

Have another question for you! I've been reading reviews about the shower curtain problems (hugging) ... and they suggest magnets and a clip. Can you elaborate? what should I bring - fridge magnets or stronger - how many and how does this work/help?

I'm sure you are enjoying the lovely (FREEZING) weather we have here!

NO - on the weather. Wasn't as bad today but very cold compared to a week ago lol.

Our shower curtain seemed to have magnets sewn into the bottom of it. I really never had a problem once I got it straightened out but then again being 6'2" and just a Range Rover over 200 pounds I didn't move around alot in there. I would think if you brought a couple fridge magnets and tried that it may work.

All else fails, pack up a bag, head to the spa and use the showers in the locker room - lots of room, glass doors, soap, conditioner and shampoo already there and great water pressure.

Archived