Spencer Ambrose tours????

Sgt. Jeff

Nanette,

after reading your HAL review (specially enjoyed the pictures) we booked Spencer for our upcoming visit to St. Lucia in two weeks.

Looking very much forward to the tour and meeting him personally. What I can tell from the e-mail communication with him and what is written on this board he must be a wonderful person.

Will keep you posted how it went.

Best regards from sunny Austria:)

Helmut

Hi there, Helmut!

I'm tickled that you posted. I'm 1/4 Austrian. I found my maiden name on a couple of pages of the Viennese (?) phone book years ago.

Oh, how I loved Austria and it's people. It was like coming home!

Enough of that... back to cruising:

Spencer is a doll. You'll be very pleased with him. :) If you end up snorkeling at Jalouise, you'll be amazed! Please do post a report upon your return. Have a lovely cruise, dear.

told spencer i would give a good word for him, he has emailed me 2 times since we've been home.... very concerned, about our thought's on the trip... a few minor glitches... but in all we really enjoyed our time in st. lucia. he is a very thoughful person, and does a good job.;)

Dh and I just returned home from cruise on Sunday 4/6. We used Spencer Ambrose, thanks to NoNoNanette's recommendation.

He was wonderful. He took my husband and I down the coast and stopped at many interesting places. I agree with everything everyone has said about him.

I highly recommend him!

Hi inai!!! Michalanajon here from East Moriches! Glad you enjoyed Spencer. We are leaving on 4/20. I'd love to hear about your trip. Do you think you will be doing a review? Hope so! Would like to hear how the other ports treated you!

No I do not plan on doing a review. But, I will say that Mr. Ambrose was wonderful. He thought of everything to include in his tour. He stopped many times during our trip down the west coast. Stopped at a banana field, bought us fresh bananas, stopped for a photo op and bought coconut, we drank the milk and then cut it open, ate the meat. He bought us waxed pears to eat. Stopped to see mango trees, stopped to look at casto oil seeds, cashew nut plants, more photo ops, went to the drive in volcano (cost us $5 each) skipped the waterfalls, stopped at a shack and watched locals make cassava? bread from start to finish. Delicious!! Went to Jalosie Beach and snorkeled and then back to the pier. On the way back he bought us hot fresh bread and cheese. Mr. Ambrose also gave us a cooler with whatever we wanted to drink (beer, water, soda, rum punch)

It cost us, for two, $140 total, plus we tipped him. At first, we thought this was a bit high priced, but after the day was over, we thought it was the best tour we have ever taken. Total about 6-7 hours.

Mr. Ambrose is professional, knowledgable, fair, detailed, and I highly recommend him to anyone who wishes to visit St. Lucia.

No I do not plan on doing a review. But, I will say that Mr. Ambrose was wonderful. He thought of everything to include in his tour. He stopped many times during our trip down the west coast. Stopped at a banana field, bought us fresh bananas, stopped for a photo op and bought coconut, we drank the milk and then cut it open, ate the meat. He bought us waxed pears to eat. Stopped to see mango trees, stopped to look at casto oil seeds, cashew nut plants, more photo ops, went to the drive in volcano (cost us $5 each) skipped the waterfalls, stopped at a shack and watched locals make cassava? bread from start to finish. Delicious!! Went to Jalosie Beach and snorkeled and then back to the pier. On the way back he bought us hot fresh bread and cheese. Mr. Ambrose also gave us a cooler with whatever we wanted to drink (beer, water, soda, rum punch)

It cost us, for two, $140 total, plus we tipped him. At first, we thought this was a bit high priced, but after the day was over, we thought it was the best tour we have ever taken. Total about 6-7 hours.

Mr. Ambrose is professional, knowledgable, fair, detailed, and I highly recommend him to anyone who wishes to visit St. Lucia.

Your review of Spencer DELIGHTS ME! :)

It's SO nice to see a "little guy" do good! He's new at this, and sure seems to have found his calling, huh? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Anybody ever use him??? I read a couple of reviews about him on the boards..I e-mailed him early this morning but I haven't heard back....Just wondering if he usually responds quickly......

Hey Sgt. Jeff are you out there? Just want you to know we just spent last Thurs. with Spencer. (4/24). You will totally love him and his company and the "sweet fellowship". He has an authentic love for the Lord, and it was the highlight of our excursions!

• 3 weeks later...
My hubby & I just got back from the Princess Emerald 2 weeks ago. We used Spencer Ambrose in St Lucia & we loved him. He was ready & waiting for us outside the cruise terminal. He spent the entire day with just the two of us. He was very attentive, took us to all the places we wanted to go and left us on the beach at Jalouise with a cooler full of local beer, pop & water (thtat he supplied). The resort was wonderful with great snorkeling. We highly recommend using Spencer. He e-mailed us last week to thank us for using him. He has a beautiful new vehicle and we felt very safe with him. I tend to get car sick so he let me sit in the front with him. He always opened the door for me. :D

I want to echo all of this post. My wife and I booked Spencer last minute and he was more than willing to show us around. We were the only two booked last Wednesday, May 14, and we had the best day possible. The Cosol tours were so crowded and seemed like they were always waiting around on people. Spencer was so knowledgeable and funny. My wife and I are young and we got along great with Spencer. We decided to skip the Sulphur Springs and spent more time at Jalouise Beach, the most beautiful stop on our entire cruise. Spencer made several stops along the way to by little local foods for us to try. I would recommend Spencer to everyone, especially if you can get a private tour in his new Land Cruiser!!

Based on what I read on this board I booked Spencer Ambrose for our day on St. Lucia off of the Crown Princess. We have cruised and toured a lot and Spencer Ambrose is at the top of our list. We all agreed that it was like visiting a relative and having him show you around a place he knows very well and is extremely proud of. Like the other posters mentioned he brought a fully stocked cooler and stopped along the way to buy fresh bread, cassava cakes (we got a tour of the family run operation),fresh bananas (and a stop at a plantation) and mangoes (we got a blessing from the mango lady) and various other treats. Spencer paid our admissions for the sulphur springs and botanic gardens where he gave us a tour. We ended up at Jalousie Beach which was absolutely gorgeous and excellent for snorkeling. On the way back he went out of his way to make one last unscheduled stop on a hillside overlooking the harbor and our ship. What was supposed to be a 6-7 hour tour turned out to be closer to 8 and got us back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. To add to the fun he also writes reggae music and is lead guitar and singer for his group. Ask him to bring along his CD it just added to the atmosphere, the gorgeous island, our favorite by far, and Spencer's excellent company. It was for days like that vacations were invented. Did I mention that I highly recommend him?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Last week I was aboard The Adventure of the Seas and used Spencer's service while in St. Lucia. We were a party of eight and he was very accomodating. I would recommend this tour with Spencer.

Actually so were we. We used him on 5/28 I think. We were 5 people and hooked with with another couple, Bob and Marsha. Is this you? :) Our tour began around 0930. Larry

• 1 month later...

I hate to sound stupid but what are trinket stops????:confused::confused:

Yes, please let us know! We were torn between Cosol and Spencer, but picked Spencer because he seemed more flexible and willing to adjust according to our wishes. I had read that Cosol makes too many "trinket stops" and I really don't want to do that....

I'm curious to know why you all selected him....

I read on here a few weeks ago that the children in St. Lucia need school supplies and I emailed Spencer and asked about that and he said that if we brought some supplies he would take us to a school to distribute the supplies. I think that he would be a great tour guide. We are flying to St. Lucia in September.

can you tell me how much your tour cost?

He charges us around $25.00-30.00 pp. BTW he was so good to us I sent him a bank draft when I got home as I did not have that much cash with me at the time. Spencer is the best! BTW the draft took one mo. from near Chicago to St. Lucia. Snail mail. :D

• 2 weeks later...

mnovak-

question for you-what type of vehicle did he use on the four of you?I have been booking excursions only to find out the vehicles are not really good for 4 if you are driving for long periods and want to take pictures.

What did he charge for the 4 of you?

How long did you spend at the beach?

How long was the whole excursion?

Thanks so much,

nancy

Spencer picked us up in a newer 12 passenger van. He told us he had an SUV but he thought we would have more room in the van and we wouldn't be packed in so tight. We left at 8am and were back at the port to do a little shopping around 4pm. We were at the beach about an hour and a half. It was so beautiful I could have spent the whole day there. It is a resort so we might look at coming back to St Lucia for the whole week next time.

We paid $150 for the tour and $28 for the admissions to the botanical gardens and sulfur springs. We made sure to give him a nice tip at the end to cover all of the treats he purchased for us throughout the day!

Archived