Check in Question

jasmith52

We have booked two cabins for a total of three guests. The solo cabin is someone who is a Princess Platinum member the others are not. We all will be checking in together.

So my question is... Can we (all) check in at the Platinum check in counter or must we all wait in the (longer) line for the regular passengers ?

Don't kid yourself, a lot of times the platinum line is longer than the other lines at check in.

Since there are two of you and only one Platinum member, I would suggest that the platinum member check in with you two, and I bet you three are onboard quicker than those in the platinum line. ;)

I agree that the Platinum line is often longer than the other lines.

I suggest everyone go to their usual line (as that is where the cruise cards are) and then meet right after. It really is not that confusing. Most of the time, I usually checkin seperately from others in the group and then we board together.

Just so you know, We all need to check in together to straigten out the credit card situation. I have pre-registered everyone under my card. At check-in they will switch to their own card.

If the Platinum line is indeed shorter, and it should be, at least that's the way it's supposed to be ... Shouldn't it ? Then since we are all traveling togther can we check-in at that counter or must we wait in the longer line ?

In other words, to check in at the platinum counter must ALL of the passengers be platinum or only one ?

To check in as a platinum member, you are supposed to be Platinum.

What the problem is is that the cruise cards for platinum/elite members are close for the check in agent, for someone else to join that line, their card could be at the very end of the counter. So, this holds up the entire process while the staff attempts to find the cards that are filed elsewhere.

As for the credit cards, that isn't a problem even if you check in at different lines. Princess will ask for a credit card and scan each persons card for their account. They do not just take the card listed on the Personalizer but the credit card must be there to scan before they will allow you to charge to your shipboard account. (never quite figured out why they want one listed before you can print your boarding passes as you have to supply it to them in person at the desk anyway) Many times we have switched cards when boarding to use a different one from the original signed up on the Princess website.

The reason the Platinum/Elite lines are longer now is that so many have made this status (especially now that Princess counts days or number of times cruised) that sometimes we have found more platinum/elite passengers onboard then anything else on certain cruises. Especially 7-10 day caribbean sailings.

Just so you know, We all need to check in together to straigten out the credit card situation. I have pre-registered everyone under my card. At check-in they will switch to their own card.

If the Platinum line is indeed shorter, and it should be, at least that's the way it's supposed to be ... Shouldn't it ? Then since we are all traveling togther can we check-in at that counter or must we wait in the longer line ?

I have never seen the Platinum line shorter..... Maybe it is because non-platinum people are trying to check in there and then the rep has to go to the other counters to try to find their cards.

Again, I would have everyone check in where they are supposed to and just say "this is the credit card I want to use for my account". It is simple.

You can also have them edit their Cruise Personalizer and put their CC information in there now. They will still ask for it at the desk.

Archived