Release dates for The Dream

dec2007w3boys

Looking ahead, I am planning another cruise for Thanksgiving 2009. On wikipedia, they have the dream going into service in Oct. 2009. Any rumors as to the truth of this date? Or, any idea when they release dates for new ships? Looking at the current ports available over Thanksgiving 2009, I am hoping for Dream to make my dreams...

thanks!

I don't know the exact date, but usually, the new ships spend about 4-6 months doing European cruises. I have inquired about the Dream, as well, and my PVP stated that it could be sometime mid-spring 2010 before she starts sailing in the states. Of course, I could have been completely misled, and no doubt someone on here will correct me.

I don't know the exact date, but usually, the new ships spend about 4-6 months doing European cruises. I have inquired about the Dream, as well, and my PVP stated that it could be sometime mid-spring 2010 before she starts sailing in the states. Of course, I could have been completely misled, and no doubt someone on here will correct me.

Thank you - that is more then I knew before. Maybe I will have to look at Dec 2010 for my 15th wedding anniversary. WAsn't it just 2000??

If anyone else has info, I would love to hear it!!

thanks!:o

Looking ahead, I am planning another cruise for Thanksgiving 2009. On wikipedia, they have the dream going into service in Oct. 2009. Any rumors as to the truth of this date? Or, any idea when they release dates for new ships? Looking at the current ports available over Thanksgiving 2009, I am hoping for Dream to make my dreams...

thanks!

If the Dream follows the Liberty, Freedom and Splendor, it will first sail in Europe before coming to the US. However, if the launch date is in October, it might come straight to the US from the shipyard (or maybe after an inaugural sailing followed by the transatlantic). Just pure speculation at this time.

If the Dream follows the Liberty, Freedom and Splendor, it will first sail in Europe before coming to the US. However, if the launch date is in October, it might come straight to the US from the shipyard (or maybe after an inaugural sailing followed by the transatlantic). Just pure speculation at this time.

I agree with Tapi, if they release the Dream in October, I just don't see it doing Med cruises in the winter. I would most likely come straight here. Also pure speculation.

Anyone know why Carnival doesn't have a shop in the southern hemisphere. Aussies and Kiwis, at least those I have met, know how to have "FuN".

Since the Dream comes out in October it will not stay in Europe. The question is will it come to the States or is there a new destination where it is warm at that time of year. Personally, I'm hoping for Australia or somewhere in that vicinity. Pure speculation and probably won't happen but it will not stay in Europe.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I've been following the new Dream closely since I sailed the Freedom in the Med in 2007 and will sail the Splendor in Aug to the Baltics, I'm hoping the Dream will be in Europe too. I was a little disappointed when I found out it's supposed to debut in October, but was again pleasantly surprised when in one of the press releases from Carnival in Dec. they stated that the Dream is set to sail in June 2009, if that's truly the case, I would suspect it will do some European sailings until the fall and then come over to the Caribbean.

Here's the link to that press release.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/portholeawards_2007.aspx

Tara

Hi all

I've been following the new Dream closely since I sailed the Freedom in the Med in 2007 and will sail the Splendor in Aug to the Baltics, I'm hoping the Dream will be in Europe too. I was a little disappointed when I found out it's supposed to debut in October, but was again pleasantly surprised when in one of the press releases from Carnival in Dec. they stated that the Dream is set to sail in June 2009, if that's truly the case, I would suspect it will do some European sailings until the fall and then come over to the Caribbean.

Here's the link to that press release.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/portholeawards_2007.aspx

Tara

Thanks for posting this. Hopefully the will be releasing the information soon.

Archived