When is Spring BReak generally?

happyfaerie

It depends! My kids are off March 14-31. The kids in the town next to mine are off this week and then again right around Easter. Colleges vary even more.

I would say that the cruise you are considering will DEFINITELY have more kids/college kids on board.

Colleges are generally all over the place concerning SB, (Boston U has break the week of Mar 9th.) and usually public schools have Easter/Passover week off. It is very unusual this year because Easter is very early (Mar.) and Passover is the Week of April 20th.NYC public schools have the April week off this year. I don't think March 29th will be too bad this year. Easter is the prior week.

Younger travelers/party people tend to take the shorter 5 day cruises. I would avoid those. And, stay away from nightime venues, like the nightclubs. I personally wouldn't do it, but if that's the only time you have to get away; I'd say go for it. NCL doesn't seem to be as "wild" as another cruise line that I've heard about. But, I can't really say, as I've never been on that other line.

We are teachers in Ontario and our spring break is March 6 to 16th. That's why we have book a cruise on the Majesty departing March 8 to 16th from Charleston. I am afraid it will be full to college kids but hoping they want a ship with all the bells and whistles. Although the roll call only has about 4 people on it so..... Whatever the case we are going with another couple and will enjoy. First time on NCL and second cruise. First time was princesss on the Crown.

There was a survey done on this board about two years ago and Spring Breaks across the country range from now until mid April. (later when Easter is late.) The vast majority of schools have spring breaks between March 15 and April 10 on average.

• Administrators
Here is a site for most college spring break dates with totals * Link

Your week looks very calm.

But depending on what prompted the question, college spring breaks might not be the issue. The bottom line is that whether crowded ships with a lot of young kids are your concern, or crowded ships with a lot of older kids are your concern -- spring break varies widely across the US from mid-February until mid-April. Any week during that time can be one that has a large group of families with younger kids, or young college-age adults, enjoying their spring breaks.

If your schedule is flexible enough to permit scheduling in the spring for reasons other than that's your kids' spring break (or your own), you might consider the fall months for a cruise if you want to avoid crowds. Very few districts or colleges have "fall break." Of course, if your reason for scheduling a spring cruise is that's when your kids (or you) are out of school... then it's only reasonable to expect others in a like situation to be on your ship.

im considering a March 29th cruise but am worried it will be a spring break cruise. any ideas?

thanks

C

In the US spring breaks start as early as next week and run through mid April. Tings will be busiest the week before and after Easter for K -12 schools. Colleges tend to bunch up toward the first 2 weeks of March.

I live in a tourist town and we usually have Spring Break visitors from late-February until mid-April.

This year brace yourselves. . .LOL. . .the Northeast public schools have off the week of April 20-26.

Then starting the second week of May colleges start getting out for the semester. . .

There is a very small window to cruise without kids this year.;)

We are teachers in Ontario and our spring break is March 6 to 16th. That's why we have book a cruise on the Majesty departing March 8 to 16th from Charleston. I am afraid it will be full to college kids but hoping they want a ship with all the bells and whistles. Although the roll call only has about 4 people on it so..... Whatever the case we are going with another couple and will enjoy. First time on NCL and second cruise. First time was princesss on the Crown.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but non-college students will be in a minority on that cruise. I went the same week two years ago and it was about 60/40. the roll call only has 4 people on it because the college kids will meet and greet on Facebook groups and such. they don't really care about the bells and whistles but the expense and drink deals. The ship offers a $200pp all you can drink beer special to large registered groups and the college facebook groups will do just that. Also the ports all offer good spring break party atmospheres. you will enjoy the trip if you are young at heart and are not shocked by the behavior. (we are still in our 20's, so it's no surprise and we even participated in some of the "fun"). Just have a good outlook and know what to expect and you'll have a good time.

Archived