Carnival Colors?

Carnival Game

Oh,I hope not ! They divide the passengers into 3 colors and keep a tally when a member of that color wins a game etc.....You'll get nothing for it,and basically pretty annoying,IMO. I'm sure others will attack bc they love it. :rolleyes: Yet I don't mind the dancing waiters, ..go figure. :eek:

That color stuff is way too stupid. They kept tallying up scores all the time and people would scream & cheer. The whole time I never understood what was going on or knew what color I supposed to be on. I thought it would all make sense at the end but nothing ever happened. There was absolutly no point to the whole thing.

Probably just some lame attempt to get passengers to feel included.

Its something that I hear they are doing away with, THANK GOD !!!

They separate 3 sections of the Dining room and give them Colors, Red / White and Blue Teams. Throughout the cruise you will competing with others when you win they ask what color is your team and that color team gets points. The problem with this is that they have to anounce this mess during dinner and everyone yells and screams that their freakin Color team is ahead etc. I heard that on some ships they talk about it on day one and thats it. On other ships they do not bring it up at all.

Fred

They have two colors, red & blue, they have not done three colors for some time now. Your color depends on what the number of your dining room table is. One color goes to the even table numbers, the other goes to the odd.

Like others have said points go to each color as people participate in onboard events. There is no prize at the end, they just announce the results the last night in the dinning room.

I was just looking at someone's Carnival Victory Capers from 2004 and I saw "Carnival Colors" mentioned. What is that all about? Do they still have it?

It sucks.

They didn't do it on my last cruise in October, and I surely didn't miss it!

I don't know if on other ships or sailings the crew isn't as in to it, or what but on my miracle cruise I think that 80% of the passengers were or seemed to be involved in the game. and every single thing that you did your team was awarded points if you won. we must have been asked by half the people we met what color we were. the whole time knowing it didn't matter who won, but i personally thought it was kind of fun. and if nothing else it didn't take away from my cruise. the CD mentioned the standing every day on his little morning show, and all the social hosts were very into it, and if nothing else the deck party conga line of which team had a longer line was fun. 2 big lines half full of drunk people at 1 am that was a pretty good time. but to each there own

They had it on the Imagination two weeks ago. I can't say it's a big deal one way or another if they have the colors thing, I don't pay a lot of attention to it.

Yeah but unfortunately in the main dining rooms they tend to announce it while they have a captive audience.

I suppose it's OK for kids, but the whole thing is really juvenile.

Like I said before, what are we supposed to do if we win? Go around the ship and brag that we're better than everyone? Come on!

Just got back from the Conquest on Sunday, 2/17/08 and they still have the colors....RED WHITE AND BLUE!!!! At first, I thought it might be kind of fun, then it just got annoying....and to not get anything for it sucked! At least give away a drink or a towel or something...they have cheap crap they could give away to the winners...seems stupid and pointless!

Just got back from the Conquest on Sunday, 2/17/08 and they still have the colors....RED WHITE AND BLUE!!!! At first, I thought it might be kind of fun, then it just got annoying....and to not get anything for it sucked! At least give away a drink or a towel or something...they have cheap crap they could give away to the winners...seems stupid and pointless!

Last cruise we went on (nov 06) on the Elation, they had the game so when anyone won anything they would get points etc.. but we were at the back of the dining room and we never heard the points totals. there was clapping and a few "woo hoos" at dinner, but it wasn't that bad. Plus it was after dessert was served, so if you eat fast you might've missed it. We did the first two days, we wanted good seats at the show.

IMO not as bad as it could've been, but I think we were a pretty docile group. But it might've been nice to have it. We like to meet new people, and it might be a fun way to connect.

It's designed to promote camaraderie among fellow passengers, and although I do agree that a lot of passengers do seem to get into it, in my opinion it's not welcome ALL the time.

I personally found myself cheering for my team if they were having a contest by the pool, but during dinner, when I was trying to enjoy my food, I wasn't too fond of the screaming back and forth between teams. That's why I was so happy that I didn't have it on my last cruise.

I guess the concept is not a bad one, but when it's overdone, then it gets REALLY, REALLY, REALLY annoying. When I sailed on the Imagination in 2006, I couldn't escape this colors game. I'd go to eat, it was there. I'd go to the main show lounge, it was there. I'd go to the pool, it was there. I'd run to my cabin and turn the TV on, it was there! AAAaaaargH!!!

Like someone mentioned, I kept wondering if they would have some big prize at the end, maybe raffle a free cruise among the winning team, but we didn't even get a ship on a stick...!

Archived