Pride "extended balconies"

tbtma

Hi all, just wondering , we have a opportunity to book an extended balcony on the Pride next Nov(not the wrap arounds at the back of the ship) is there really that much difference between these extended balconies and a"regular" balcony??

Thanks

Bonnie

ask your room steward. Ours got us one on the miracle.When we first in our room, meeting our room steward my GF said to me.."wow this balcony is big enough to lay out on. All I need is a lounge chair! (lol)" .

well after dinner that night what do we find on the balcony?

1 lounge chair! My girl was so happy, and it was such a nice thing for our room steward to do with out us even having to ask.

It can't hurt....

Go ahead and ask.

Regular balcony is 9 feet by 4 feet.

Extended balcony is 9 feet by 6 feet.

I've had both on the Pride. It's really a tomatoe / tomahtoe issue.

I prefer the regular balcony because I love looking down at the waterline of the ship. You will not be able to do that on the extended balcony because the lifeboats are in the way. But either balcony provides a great view if looking straight down at the water is not inportant.

Also, the regular balcony provides you quite a bit more privacy if you enjoy Boinking on the Balcony... :D

Regular balcony is 9 feet by 4 feet.

Extended balcony is 9 feet by 6 feet.

You will not be able to do that on the extended balcony because the lifeboats are in the way. But either balcony provides a great view if looking straight down at the water is not inportant.

:D

How are the life boats in the way? They are not directly under the extended balcony cabins?

ask your room steward. Ours got us one on the miracle.When we first in our room, meeting our room steward my GF said to me.."wow this balcony is big enough to lay out on. All I need is a lounge chair! (lol)" .

well after dinner that night what do we find on the balcony?

1 lounge chair! My girl was so happy, and it was such a nice thing for our room steward to do with out us even having to ask.

It can't hurt....

Go ahead and ask.

awesome! We along with our cruise buds just booked an extended balcony on the Legend today! We were hoping there was room for a lounger. Since our cabins are side by side we plan to ask them to open the divider. I've already said I bet a $20 to the cabin steward would get us a lounger. :D

How are the life boats in the way? They are not directly under the extended balcony cabins?
I'm with Venture.....we book to not be above the lifeboats.

marvel99.jpg

awesome! We along with our cruise buds just booked an extended balcony on the Legend today! We were hoping there was room for a lounger. Since our cabins are side by side we plan to ask them to open the divider. I've already said I bet a $20 to the cabin steward would get us a lounger. :D

Are you in the forward or aft cabin (the dividers open forward to the rail).......there is enough space it should be an awesome set up for you.

I did the Miracle out of Tampa....plan on making it to the Legend someday!!

Congrats!!

our upper forward extended with the divider opened.....

2172630030089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2119689600089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

tbtma,

If you really want a treat, book a cabin by the aft elevators like 7258 or 7260. Even 7303...or the ones above and below. They are extended, but also three times the length of the other balconies for the same price in that category. My sister and I spent hours on our loungers last summer on the Pride. We asked, and our steward provided. Of course we showed our appreciation at the end of the cruise, Now we booked one on the Legend! You'll love it!

Yes, the lifeboats are directly under ALL the extended balconies.

I don't believe that their are lifeboats under the 8C extended balconies that are at the front of the ship on the Main Deck. We are in 5127 and there are no life boats under us.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=SP

That's right under the show

Amphitheater... is that as noisy as it looks?

Hey, that's my photo looking straight down from 7192 on Miracle!

The view forward:

2957425260102755439S425x425Q85.jpg

If we had had a lounger on our balcony, it would've made things very, very cramped.

2726356390102755439S425x425Q85.jpg

Next time, I'll go for a "regular" balcony (assuming I every spring for any balcony; I'm perfectly happy inside and there's all that "free" deck space available on the ship).

we had 5106 thru 5112......

no noise problems from the show what so ever.........faint noise on one ocassion.

thanks for the info and pictures our cabins are in the same neighborhood as the ones your group had--we are on the very opposite side of the ship--starboard?--odd numbers across from 5106 thur 5112.

Acordding to the deck plans and pictures of the ship on CCL's website and elsewhere there are NO lifeboats directly below our cabins. They are below cabins a good ways back from us.

chitown cruiser--our cabin is the more forward one--so will the door be folded toward our cabin or the one aft of us? How are the cabins in your picture situated?

also good to hear the showroom noise isn't a problem. We knew the showroom was below us when we booked. We go to the shows so won't be in our cabin while they are going on so we don't believe the possible noise will be a problem--plus we are sound sleepers. I'll bring earplugs for everyone just in case.

We had a balcony deck 8 midship on the Glory--and I read on these boards AFTER we booked it that it was a noisy area and we'd hear them moving chairs late at night and early morning--and boy were they right! Sounded like thunder--but didn' t last too long.

poptart.........

I've been on both sides of the Miracle and both times the divider opened forward to the rail

in this photo my back is to the bow looking aft......I'm standing on 5108 looking at all of 5110, my parents were in 5112 but decided to let them have their own space so we did not open the other divider (it would have been awesome!!)

2172630030089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

No, the life boats are not below and we had no noise or Camp Carnival traffic problems.........LOVE this location and will book my next spirit class around them being available.

Archived