Hump or Aft balcony? what to do?

danyelle

Which do you suggest? Both are available and the cost difference is about $100. Is it worth more money being on an aft? I enjoyed a hump balcony on the Jewel and loved it, is an aft much better?

Thanks in advance :)

Tough decision, I have had both on the Radiance class and that balcony on the aft is HUGE, we had 9260 with two lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a small table. It was for the Panama cruise and we LOVED watching the lock doors close behind us. What itinerary are you looking at?

if you have never had an aft i would try it- it can be a long walk to get back there but the view and the wake in the moonlight is awesome- plus the balcony's are larger back there- there is a little more movement back there as well- my dh prefers the hump because of the convenience- i enjoy both locations equally as well but love the view of the wake-

either way you can't loose :D

We absolutely loved the space on the aft balcony. If I could book any room, that's what I would take. Never had any problems-- no noise, no smoke. Beautiful, peaceful view watching the wake behind ship. We only had aft balcony on voyager class ships--- mariner and voyager.

We absolutely loved the space on the aft balcony. If I could book any room, that's what I would take. Never had any problems-- no noise, no smoke. Beautiful, peaceful view watching the wake behind ship. We only had aft balcony on voyager class ships--- mariner and voyager.

Ooh, though choice! Hmm. If it was me, I'd go with the aft, since you've already had a hump cabin. You can't go wrong with either!

We've had both the aft & the hump cabins. I preferred the aft but really enjoyed the hump cabin too. The balcony size of the hump cabin we had (#9078) was just as large as the aft cabin (#8172) but I know that they all aren't the same size on the hump.

There are a few things that can make a difference in your choice - the walk to the aft is a bit long (we didn't mind at all) vs. the convenience of the hump cabins. There can be a bit more movement in the aft (we also didn't mind) but know that the more center (and lower) in the ship the more stable the ride. There is little air movement on the aft balconies which some folks don't like but you'll be able to be out there without the wind whipping around when you're at sea which is nice.

All in all I don't think that either cabin is going to disappoint you. I wish I were in one now!!!!

Happy cruising!!

So long as you are physically healthy and not prone to seasickness, I would go with the aft. Bigger balcony and great views. The hump has the advantage of being closer to everything so that is why it may be better if you have any problems physically. Aft also has more motion than hump, so may not be good if you or your travelling companinon are prone to seasickness. I just had the same choice from a cruise I reserved yesterday and went with aft over hump on the Jewel for a Panama Canal cruise next January.

We are facing the same thing. We just traded in hump cabin 9620 which is dead center hump for corner aft 9690 on the Voyager. I hope I made the right decision:confused: . All in all it saved us $160 and the walk doesn't bother me.

louanne93, I love the aft balconies on the Voyager class and I do not mind the superstructure, however I do hope you will not be disappointed in this one. The corners on Deck 7 are coveted as they wrap around and are very large. The corners on Deck 8 and 9 are smaller and wedge shaped.

Here is a pick of 9390 taken from 9392

th_IMG_0630.jpg

louanne93, I love the aft balconies on the Voyager class and I do not mind the superstructure, however I do hope you will not be disappointed in this one. The corners on Deck 7 are coveted as they wrap around and are very large. The corners on Deck 8 and 9 are smaller and wedge shaped.

th_IMG_0630.jpg

It's not as small as it looks in the above photo! True it is not nearly as large as a deck 7 aft/corner balcony, but it is still a very nice size and with a spectacular view! Enjoy! The first photo below is 9690 and the second and third are 9390. They are all identical but mirror image.

aft_93909690_VYEXAD_0_5D644.jpgaft_93909690_balcony__5D634.jpgaft_93909690_VYEXAD_0_5D6C5.jpg

th_IMG_0630.jpg

Smaller...but bigger than a regular E-1/D-1 balcony? Or Smaller period...

Worth the extra hike? In your opinion...of course! I have always wanted to try the aft cabins. I love the wake on our ski boat ( could sit and watch it all day and night!) so I couldn't imagine being able to watch the wake on a huge ship all day and night!!

It's not as small as it looks in the above photo! True it is not nearly as large as a deck 7 aft/corner balcony, but it is still a very nice size and with a spectacular view! Enjoy! The first photo below is 9690 and the second and third are 9390. They are all identical but mirror image.

aft_93909690_VYEXAD_0_5D644.jpgaft_93909690_balcony__5D634.jpgaft_93909690_VYEXAD_0_5D6C5.jpg

Bonnie~You were answering my questions before I even asked them!! Thank you so much!! You are truely amazing and always seem to pop in at the right time!!

Bonnie~You were answering my questions before I even asked them!! Thank you so much!! You are truely amazing and always seem to pop in at the right time!!

From one wakelover to another...you are welcome! ;) It is the view of the wake that keeps me coming back to my favorite aft cabins!

1378286766036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

We prefer the staterooms on the hump for several reasons:

1. hump cabins eliminate the long walk from your cabin to the elevators and public stairwells. It might be a good source of exercise, but it was also a source of irritation if you left anything in your stateroom and had to return to get it.

2. aft cabins on Voyager Class had constant vibration

3. Our aft cabin on Mariner had a pole very inconveniently located in the middle of our stateroom, partially obstructing our view of the TV from our bed and causing some concern should we have needed to get to the bathroom in the darkened cabin in the middle of the night.

4. A beam from the top of the balcony door down to the balcony railing was a potential hazard if you were not careful when getting out of your lounge chair on the balcony.

5. The balcony is admittedly larger, but just how large a balcony do you really require, if you only intend to sit out and enjoy the view or read?:)

We just found out we have the two end aft cabins on deck six of Adventure of the Seas. Are these as large as deck 7 or smaller? Thanks for the help

No, deck 6 is not as large as deck 7 aft/corner, but it is still very large. Here are a few photos of cabin 6688 taken by "brn2cruz"...

2371302080036355651S425x425Q85.jpg

2414354760036355651S425x425Q85.jpg

2517643500036355651S425x425Q85.jpg

2205060420036355651S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, am I correct that the balconies on deck six aft don't actually over look the water, but overlook a walkway that looks out over the water. Thanks for the help.

Here are photos taken looking out at the water from the other deck 6 aft/corner balcony (6388). You can see the water, but only looking out, not down. That gray area is not a public area but it is the roof over a crew area on deck 5. You won't have folks hanging out on that deck in front of your balcony. There may be a crew member out there at some point hosing the deck down or something like that though.

aft_6D_061216_002-vi.jpg

aft_6D_061216_003-vi.jpg

We are facing the same thing. We just traded in hump cabin 9620 which is dead center hump for corner aft 9690 on the Voyager. I hope I made the right decision:confused: . All in all it saved us $160 and the walk doesn't bother me.

Corner aft is absolutely prime real estate. The size of the balcony is amazing. We have hosted parties for 6-8 people without feeling too crowded.

Viv

Archived