UM so what happens.....

Aimiloo

if we DO get snowed out and they cancel all flights for that day (of departure) and the boat goes on its merry way can you fly to the first port of call and get on it or, i assume, you are SOL and wave your money and vacation goodbye?

I will have anxiety about this until next sunday. (i'm in boston)

For future cruises, it is always wise to book a flight the night before your cruise at the earliest. If flying in winter from an area that is prone to snow, flying two nights before may even be wise (that is what I did flying from Chicago to San Juan for my AOS cruise). Think of it as extending your vacation in addition to minimizing your chances of missing the ship. Most ports are in fun cities (or at least warm cities) so it can be a enjoyable extra day or two away from home. I know this is not always possible, but it is a risk to do otherwise.

Hopefully you will be fine. :)

We have a 6:10am flight to San Juan next Sunday on AOS.

First port is Aruba after a day at sea. AYE.

As long as their is no bad weather you should be fine but for next time fly down a day ahead, which is not always perfect either but then you have a wider variety of options and yes you could board in Aruba and there is a decent amount of flights that go there. I will keep my fingers crossed for you

For future cruises, it is always wise to book a flight the night before your cruise at the earliest. If flying in winter from an area that is prone to snow, flying two nights before may even be wise (that is what I did flying from Chicago to San Juan for my AOS cruise). Think of it as extending your vacation in addition to minimizing your chances of missing the ship. Most ports are in fun cities (or at least warm cities) so it can be a enjoyable extra day or two away from home. I know this is not always possible, but it is a risk to do otherwise.

Hopefully you will be fine. :)

Even in the spring and summer you can have flight delays and cancellations due to weather. I think getting to your port city a day early is always a good idea when you have to fly.

I've booked insurance as close as two days prior to cruise...I thought we couldn't advertise...but i use travelguard.com. I have used them for my last few cruises. you can book online or call their 800 number. very easy to use...haven't had to use it yet (thank goodness) but it works for me so far....I am a worrywart so I worry mostly about the medical and the emergency services...should something happen like that we would we wiped out financially.

Even in the spring and summer you can have flight delays and cancellations due to weather. I think getting to your port city a day early is always a good idea when you have to fly.

We were delayed 4+ hours in NY because of thunderstorms on our way to Vancouver in August so it is an issue year round.

We were delayed 4+ hours in NY because of thunderstorms on our way to Vancouver in August so it is an issue year round.

Sue, I got an overnight in Dallas last May due to thunderstorms so at least you got there on your originally scheduled day.:p

if we DO get snowed out and they cancel all flights for that day (of departure) and the boat goes on its merry way can you fly to the first port of call and get on it or, i assume, you are SOL and wave your money and vacation goodbye?

I will have anxiety about this until next sunday. (i'm in boston)

In order to fly to the next port of call, you MUST have a valid U.S. Passport. If you have that your good to go, if not well start waving.

In order to fly to the next port of call, you MUST have a valid U.S. Passport. If you have that your good to go, if not well start waving.

Ugh oh, I have one. My husband is a UK citizen, with a US Permanent Resident Card (green card) and a UK passport. That doesn't sound promising! :eek:

ALSO i am cranky as our friends we are traveling with (hi alex if you're reading this) have to fly down on Sat. as they couldn't get a Sunday am flight. She was the one who keeps telling me we're 'fine'

Holy all helllllll my anxiety is through the roof!

Ugh oh, I have one. My husband is a UK citizen, with a US Permanent Resident Card (green card) and a UK passport. That doesn't sound promising! :eek:

ALSO i am cranky as our friends we are traveling with (hi alex if you're reading this) have to fly down on Sat. as they couldn't get a Sunday am flight. She was the one who keeps telling me we're 'fine'

The restrictions for the flying to the islands is for US citizens, he should be fine with his UK passport.

Then your good to go.

This should be a lession for those who say they don't need a passport, that you never know just what you might need.

I've booked insurance as close as two days prior to cruise...I thought we couldn't advertise...but i use travelguard.com. I have used them for my last few cruises. you can book online or call their 800 number. very easy to use...haven't had to use it yet (thank goodness) but it works for me so far....I am a worrywart so I worry mostly about the medical and the emergency services...should something happen like that we would we wiped out financially.

I've got a large family reunion booked for next spring and I decided to use travelguard after finding it on the web. I compared it to other travel insurance companies and the rates are quite reasonable. It's important for us to have it because it's so far from home and you just never know what may happen.

Archived