Carnival Holiday ship from Mobile

baseball16

Anyone know anything on this ship?? It's not listed on the ship review as a ship or in the search.

I know it is and older ship out of Mobile Ala doing W Carib but how bad is it??

Hi baseball16..there is a thread(as of right now) about 6 post down from yours..Its called Holidays Positives...there is info that might help you:)

The Holiday is the oldest ship in the fleet and you have some who are the Holiday haters and you have some who are the Holiday cool aid drinkers. So this thread will probably get heated and that really isn't your question. I have been on the Holiday while any day on a cruise is better than a day at work I truly would look around before I booked the Holiday again. There are quite a few reviews under the member reviews. Look here and you will find the reviews

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=8

We just came off the Holiday yesterday. First cruise so nothing to compare it to, but we had an awesome trip! I will be posting my review soon. I want to unpack and get my capers together so I can remember what all I did! (I didn't drink at all, just so much to remember!)

Karen

We sailed the Holiday two weeks ago. She is an older ship without the bells and whistles but a good time was had by all.

You can see our slide show here:

http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/562457889rJCEAY;jsessionid=abczK2jpNTUw-_rKUycHr

Great photos! Where did you take the photos that come after the Dolphin experience- the ones with chair under palm tree- where was that taken? The photo # is 108.... looks so good!!

I have only cruised on the Holiday. I don't have any ships to compare it to, but I really enjoy the two cruises we went on. We went last May since we just wanted a girls get-a-way, nice, cheep and close. The club was great, entertainment great, spa staff very psuhy on selling those detox drugs, but great massages and facials. Ship was clean, not too rundown, food was good not the best I am sure but not the worst. (I am picky DH is an executive Chef) besides the spa staff, the rest were great. It's a great get-a-way ship. I think you will like it. Like I said before though, it's the only one I have been on, so I am not a cruise snob yet. Go for it, book it and have a blast!

Holiday is a nice ship. If you need the water slides, outdoor movies, supper club, etc. then she not for you, but if you want to have a great cruise, than go for it. She has all the same stuff that the newer, larger ships have, like the food, shows, bar, and so on.

The Holiday is the oldest ship in the fleet and you have some who are the Holiday haters and you have some who are the Holiday cool aid drinkers. So this thread will probably get heated and that really isn't your question. I have been on the Holiday while any day on a cruise is better than a day at work I truly would look around before I booked the Holiday again. There are quite a few reviews under the member reviews. Look here and you will find the reviews

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=8

Seems to me she gets pretty good reviews considering she is the oldest ship in CC's fleet:)

I believe after so long we all start to show our age;)

Not really a Holiday cool aid drinker since I have not sailed her yet but all ships will have something that people like and dislike...cant please everyone..but would be nice though:D

I am looking forward to my first cruise on the Holiday. There are definitely some strong opinions of her on both sides of the coin, but I am thankful for the information from both sides. It made me think a little harder, before booking, but that's ok. I am going in with my eyes open. If you have a good understanding about what kind of things you are looking for, and what kind of cruiser you are then jump in with both feet if she suits you.

I did, and I CAN"T WAIT!!

Have been on Holiday twice, Navigator twice, Sovereign once. Only reason I went twice on Navigator was because I booked return while still on the ship. Had I gone through Miami debarkation hell first, I would never have gone back. That is the #1 positive about the Hokiday; she is in Mobile, and debarkation was extremely smooth both times. Sovereign [Port Canaveral] is good, but not as good as Mobile.

What you are getting is an old ship sailing from a new port, and what few people mention is that Holiday is either top or near top of the fleet in passenger feedback and return cruisers. When Mobile gets a fantasy-class ship, it will be no contest as far as I am concerned.

Great photos! Where did you take the photos that come after the Dolphin experience- the ones with chair under palm tree- where was that taken? The photo # is 108.... looks so good!!

All of those pictures were taken in Chankanaab park. The beach area is just a bit south of the dolphin swim area. You can see the dolphin swim area in picture 109, in front of the ship. The seating is along the snorkel area. It was so relaxing.:)

Archived