Massage on beach/cabana on western caribbean?

Bellatrix

I really would love to get a massage while on this vacation, but I don't want to be made to feel bad going to the ship's Spa - when I know I am not going to buy any of the products they try to push on us! I would love to know of a great place to get a massage on the beach or in a cabana. Any excursions/places where this can happen?

Last year in Puerto Vallarta, we had a WONDERFUL massage at Las Caletas Hideaway - one hour $50 - in a beautiful mountainside cabana.... ahhhhh!!

So does anyone know of any in Haiti, Ocho Rios, Georgetown or Cozumel?

When we were in Cozumel in December DH had a message at the El Cid resort in an outdoor cabana. The cost was less than half of what he paid on the ship. We went there for the day and had a day pass which included food and drinks but the message was extra.

I know hubby and I got a couples massage in Labadee. It was with 2 of the ships masseuses,in a private cabana, overlooking the beach. We listened to the waves and since it was raining a little, we got to hear that on the trees. It was great! They didn't try to sell us a thing.

Erika

I had a nice massage at Paradise Beach in Cozumel. It's a beach club with restaurant/bar, water toys, etc. The food and service were very good. There was a cabana off to the side where a lady did massages. The downside is that there's not really much privacy and you're wearing your bathing suit during the massage but it was very relaxing and alot cheaper than on the ship. I wouldn't go there just for the massage but I would definitely return to that beach club next time we're in Coz because overall it was a lovely place to spend the day.

I really would love to get a massage while on this vacation, but I don't want to be made to feel bad going to the ship's Spa - when I know I am not going to buy any of the products they try to push on us! I would love to know of a great place to get a massage on the beach or in a cabana. Any excursions/places where this can happen?

Last year in Puerto Vallarta, we had a WONDERFUL massage at Las Caletas Hideaway - one hour $50 - in a beautiful mountainside cabana.... ahhhhh!!

So does anyone know of any in Haiti, Ocho Rios, Georgetown or Cozumel?

Check out my post here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=720701

You can apparently get beach massages at Nachi Cocom in Cozumel (book through Island Marketing to go there). I am going in a couple of weeks and fully intend to partake! I heard they were about $1 a minute - not bad.

Archived