Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

Thanks for all the info. Do you know anything about either Kimpton hotel,

1- Hotel Monaco or 2- Vintage Park. Both look real nice and under $200, near the Library?

Thanks again.

\

They are both nice, smallish botique hotels, both close to the library, one on 5th (Vintage) and one on 4th Av (Monaco). 4th Av tends to be a bit more noisy than 5th Av as it is a main route for bus transit, whereas very few buses go down 5th any more since the transit tunnel reopened.

Both are known for their service. Since they are but two blocks (approximately) apart, there is really not much difference in their accessibility to any of the attractions or dining establishments that you might want to visit, nor to either of the embarkation terminals.

Karen 6 more weeks and we will be in your wonderful city! Cannot wait!

Looks like I need to change our pick up time at the airport to Spring Hill as AA has changed our flight times. LOL Think I will wait til almost time incase they change it a time or two more.

I am requesting NICE weather please. LOL Today in Texas we are having issues from the hurricane. Tornados supposedly being sighted here and there around us but so far all ok at my house.

Thanks for all the info. Do you know anything about either Kimpton hotel,

1- Hotel Monaco or 2- Vintage Park. Both look real nice and under $200, near the Library?

Thanks again.

They're a block apart but it's fairly steep. I'd go with the Monaco - more a leisure hotel than a business hotel IMO.

I like the restaurant in the Monaco, Sazerac (NW/Cajun) better than Tulio (Italian) in the Vintage Park. You're also closer to other conveniences (cafes, etc.) at the Monaco.

Hi Karen,

We have just returned from Seattle, early this a.m. I will write a more detailed review tomorrow, but I want you all to know that Seattle is a wonderful city, and our weather was AWESOME. Not one rain drop, and mostly blue sunny skies.:)

Embarking on the Rhapsody at Seattle's Pier 30 tomorrow! Can't wait. The RCI booklet says not to arrive before 12:30 pm; we sail at 4. We would like to get onboard asap - what time should we get there? I would think that sometime before 12:30!

Thanks,

Barb

DH and I have never been on a train and would like to take the Amtrak up to our cruise in Vancouver.

We will fly into the airport in Seattle and want to find a hotel to stay at that is close to both the airport AND where we need to go to board the train AND is under $200 a night.

Any ideas?

Embarking on the Rhapsody at Seattle's Pier 30 tomorrow! Can't wait. The RCI booklet says not to arrive before 12:30 pm; we sail at 4. We would like to get onboard asap - what time should we get there? I would think that sometime before 12:30!

Thanks,

Barb

They open up the terminal at 10:30 and begin boarding between 11 and 11:30. We were there at 10 and weren't the first people in line. If you arrive at 12:30 you will arrive at the same time as everyone else. I recommend getting there before 11am.

Karen 6 more weeks and we will be in your wonderful city! Cannot wait!

Looks like I need to change our pick up time at the airport to Spring Hill as AA has changed our flight times. LOL Think I will wait til almost time incase they change it a time or two more.

I am requesting NICE weather please. LOL Today in Texas we are having issues from the hurricane. Tornados supposedly being sighted here and there around us but so far all ok at my house.

I can't promise what it will be like in six weeks, but I can tell you that it has been nearly 80 degrees for the past three weeks...almost unheard of in this area, but not quite. I hear, though, that it snowed in Skagway this week...:eek: .

I'll do my best. After all, I'm leaving for Alaska in just over six weeks, too, ,ya know....:D

Hi Karen,

We have just returned from Seattle, early this a.m. I will write a more detailed review tomorrow, but I want you all to know that Seattle is a wonderful city, and our weather was AWESOME. Not one rain drop, and mostly blue sunny skies.:)

Glad you had a good trip and good weather. Look forward to the review.

DH and I have never been on a train and would like to take the Amtrak up to our cruise in Vancouver.

We will fly into the airport in Seattle and want to find a hotel to stay at that is close to both the airport AND where we need to go to board the train AND is under $200 a night.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as close to both the airport and the station....they are 20 miles apart. Which one would you rather be close to?

Karen - Staying at the Holiday Inn on Aurora is there a good place close by to get a decent dinner? Also anything close by to get some water to take on board with us? Thanks for your help!

There's a great sports bar that serves NW Fusion food at 5th and Broad, which is a little less than a mile from there, and its name is.....wait for it....Sport Bar and Restaurant. Or, if you come more towards me, there are a number of good restaurants along South Lake Union....Outback, Buca di Beppo, Rock Salt Steak House, China Garden, Daniel's Broiler, Jillians, and more. Again, a little over a mile from the HI.

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as close to both the airport and the station....they are 20 miles apart. Which one would you rather be close to?

I guess we'll have to find a hotel with an airport shuttle that is close to the station? Is that possible?

Thanks so much!

I guess we'll have to find a hotel with an airport shuttle that is close to the station? Is that possible?

Thanks so much!

None of the downtown hotels downtown have shuttles to the airport. Best you can do is the Grayline Airporter:

http://www.graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

The two hotels closest to the train station have SOME rates under $200.00, but the catch is that they are internet rates, payable in full up front, and non-refundable for any reason generally.

They are: Silver Cloud Inn Stadium, and Best Western Pioneer Square Inn, both of which are within walking distance of King Street Station.

Thanks, Karen. Do you think getting to Pier 30 at about 10:15 is the smart way to go? How long do you think we'll be in line before actually standing on the ship? Thanks for all your help - this thread has been great! BTW, Seattle looks like a great place to visit. It's going on my list of places to vacation in.

Thanks,

Barb

Hi Karen,

I was checking the weather for tomorrow in Seattle and it looks a little gloomy. As a matter of fact it looks gloomy cruise day :(

So the question of the day is, (drum roll please) is the parade held rain or shine :confused:

None of the downtown hotels downtown have shuttles to the airport. Best you can do is the Grayline Airporter:

http://www.graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

The two hotels closest to the train station have SOME rates under $200.00, but the catch is that they are internet rates, payable in full up front, and non-refundable for any reason generally.

They are: Silver Cloud Inn Stadium, and Best Western Pioneer Square Inn, both of which are within walking distance of King Street Station.

Looks like we'll be taking a cab on either side of the hotel anyway. So, what do you suggest? Close to the airport or close to the terminal?

When I'm doing trip advisor searches, which area in Seattle should I be looking at?

Thanks, Karen. Do you think getting to Pier 30 at about 10:15 is the smart way to go? How long do you think we'll be in line before actually standing on the ship? Thanks for all your help - this thread has been great! BTW, Seattle looks like a great place to visit. It's going on my list of places to vacation in.

Thanks,

Barb

I think that's probably reasonable. They generally start check-in boarding between 10:30 and 11:00 and boarding by 11:30 to 12:00. Of course, unforessen circumstances (late arrival, Customs clearance delays, or whatever) can always put a kink in those times.

Archived