All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

I have mixed feeling about all this...the technology is incredible, and for that I applaud RCI...but to me crusing is all about the sea, the sun, tropical beaches. ~jmho~

Michael ~ valid points and many people feel that way... i have seen the progression from the 'small' Voyager class to Freedom class and now this..I see that it can work and that many enjoy this type of cruising experience.

Michael ~ valid points and many people feel that way... i have seen the progression from the 'small' Voyager class to Freedom class and now this..I see that it can work and that many enjoy this type of cruising experience.

I totally agree just experiencing the response from this thread that it is a concept that many are excited about..I just picture my balcony overlooking the solitude of the sea, the sounds of the wake, the sunrises and sunsets, first sight of our next port, and the last image as it fades away over the horizon.

I totally agree just experiencing the response from this thread that it is a concept that many are excited about..I just picture my balcony overlooking the solitude of the sea, the sounds of the wake, the sunrises and sunsets, first sight of our next port, and the last image as it fades away over the horizon.

The balconies facing the ocean will also be available... not sure about aft balconies though.:confused:

I am sure there will be much discussion on all the different features and it will be interesting to listen to eveyones opinion

Stay tuned:)

Great links - thanks!!!

I can see the apprehension with the large ship, but I'm really excited to see it come to fruition. Just think of the people RCCL may attract because it offers so many options. My DH was not excited to cruise last year because he felt he would be trapped. Genesis may be the perfect time for those who are afraid to try cruising to give it a try. Who knows... can't wait to read those reviews when she finally sails!

I have to say that I was all about the vacation too, but the more I cruise the more I have come to also appreciate ship time. I love my sea days just as much as I love my island days and this ship is just amazing. I just love looking at that video its unbelievable thanks for the link Liz!

I cant wait to try this ship!

OK So let's recap what came out of today's annoucement.

Central Park is confirmed, well we knew that from the pictures coming from Finland, but the new renderings are very interesting. I think it looks great but I am not going to be booking one of the balcony cabins that overlooks the interior of the ship. If I wanted to sit on my balcony and look and the building across the street and look down on grass and trees I would stay in Miami. I am one of those silly people that goes on a cruise to be on a SHIP! See the ocean, feel the waves etc. Call me crazy!

Central Park will be home to several restaurants including Chops Grill, Portifino, Vintages Wine Bar, The Central Park Cafe, and a bar called the Rising Tide, which looks to be some sort of elevated bar.

The rest of the renderings showed gardens and some of the shops in the Central Park. Including an art gallery and a photography studio.

To me the most impressive part was in the rendering of where the aft? part of Central Park meets what I am thinking is the aft? Centrum, that is very impressive. The rendering I am reffering to is the one called "Rising Tide Glass House" That is amazing and helps scale the ship.

What we didn't see is anything else. There appears to be a bridge spaning Central Park, which means I am guessing the pools will remain on the top deck. I am very curious to see how the pool deck looks, since they have to think that a very high percentage of the 5000 passengers are going to want to be up on deck overlooking the ocean, all at the same time. I know the ship is huge but I am thinking they must have something in the works to allow that many people on the upper decks with the middle of the deck open to below. Well see.

Now if they will just give it a half way decent name!!!!!!!

OK So let's recap what came out of today's annoucement.

Central Park is confirmed, well we knew that from the pictures coming from Finland, but the new renderings are very interesting. I think it looks great but I am not going to be booking one of the balcony cabins that overlooks the interior of the ship. If I wanted to sit on my balcony and look and the building across the street and look down on grass and trees I would stay in Miami. I am one of those silly people that goes on a cruise to be on a SHIP! See the ocean, feel the waves etc. Call me crazy!

Central Park will be home to several restaurants including Chops Grill, Portifino, Vintages Wine Bar, The Central Park Cafe, and a bar called the Rising Tide, which looks to be some sort of elevated bar.

The rest of the renderings showed gardens and some of the shops in the Central Park. Including an art gallery and a photography studio.

To me the most impressive part was in the rendering of where the aft? part of Central Park meets what I am thinking is the aft? Centrum, that is very impressive. The rendering I am reffering to is the one called "Rising Tide Glass House" That is amazing and helps scale the ship.

What we didn't see is anything else. There appears to be a bridge spaning Central Park, which means I am guessing the pools will remain on the top deck. I am very curious to see how the pool deck looks, since they have to think that a very high percentage of the 5000 passengers are going to want to be up on deck overlooking the ocean, all at the same time. I know the ship is huge but I am thinking they must have something in the works to allow that many people on the upper decks with the middle of the deck open to below. Well see.

Now if they will just give it a half way decent name!!!!!!!

From what i have seen and have been reading i think the pool deck will be on the aft of the ship, which would allow people from cp to look down on the pools and the flow rider. If you watch the video and pause it just as you break through the clouds you will see what looks like a pool on the aft.

HEre is a great site my friend who works at RCCL sent me. It is a great chance to see what it will be like.

http://www.royalcaribbean-genesis.com/main.html

My Thoughts;

1. All alternative pay dining areas are out side where formal attire is not required. It creates a more resort like atmosphere for those who dont want to dress on Formal night. It keeps all those wearing the hot sweaty formal wear in the A/C below decks and neither has to bump into each other. (can you guess what side I am on? ;)

2 This ship will be the ship of A-LA-Carte. It will have more pay as you go items than you can imagine. So all of you who didnt mind paying a little extra for a little something more on the Voyager and Freedom Class ships; this is YOUR ship. These ships are designed with one thought in mind: how to get more money out of passengers once on board.

3. Pool areas must be in the aft section of the ship. It will be pretty interesting to see how they are going to do the pools including deck space for 5000+ guests.

So information about the pool decks and what they will look like will most likely come in the next announcement whenever that may be.:confused:

June 18 is the next "reveal". Bookings are scheduled to open in late Summer. Count me in for the inaugural!

Ernie

June 18 is the next "reveal". Bookings are scheduled to open in late Summer. Count me in for the inaugural!

Ernie

Hello Ernie..nice to see your post... another inaugural for you as well..good:)

Okay I did not know the next reveal is on June 18...hmm I will be on an airplane to LAX that day..will have to find internet to check in.

So how confident are you that bookings will indeed open late summer? I hope so as I will be in Australia for 3 weeks in the summer and want to make sure I can book the opening day.

So how confident are you that bookings will indeed open late summer? I hope so as I will be in Australia for 3 weeks in the summer and want to make sure I can book the opening day.

Well, my information is only as reliable as Cruise Critic. The information I provided is from the Genesis article on the home page of CC.

First for me though will be the CELEBRITY SOLSTICE inaugural in December. I'm already booked on that one. SOLSTICE promises to be another amazing ship, but I can't wait for Genesis as well!

Ernie

From what i have seen and have been reading i think the pool deck will be on the aft of the ship, which would allow people from cp to look down on the pools and the flow rider. If you watch the video and pause it just as you break through the clouds you will see what looks like a pool on the aft.

Ok, check this out!! This was just released today by Royal Caribbean! This ship will be soooo amazing! Enjoy!!!

http://www.royalcaribbean-genesis.com/videos.html

Looks like they will periodically release information so we can keep up our level of excitement!! :D :D :D

Great to see this link was posted so all can enjoy checking out Genesis.

I personally think the pool deck will still be near where it was since this area "Central Park" is where we can see the things sticking up in the rendention picture. So that still gives enough room just behind that for pools and with a lazy river flowing around the opening of the Central Park area. Still would have yet another pool outside at the end of Promanade as it opens up to the outside aft part of the ship. That's my speculation anyway.

I know the press release states that bookings will open up late Summer. I am still thinking they will open in June. Fingers crossed anyway. It just makes more sense if the sailings are to begin the Fall of 2009 I would think bookings will be at least 16 months ahead of time. When they opened bookings for the Freedom wasn't it in Feb. or March? Then the Inaugural was in June.

Archived