All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

17 pools? Is this a fact I did not know RCCL released info on pools?

17 sure does sound good!!!

Cot - My son is a big Steelers fan!!! We Met Joey Porter a few years ago on the Voyager.

They didn't. The person who told us about the CP in December told us about this. He works at the shipyard where Genesis is being built, and has access to all of the plans.

So we pretty much know that the first Neighborhoods will be the CP, the RP, and the Boardwalk, but what do you guys think the others will be? I think that the Centrum(s) will take up another 1-2 (3?) of the neighborhoods, so what will the others be?

Another one will probably be the Viking Crown Lounge. From the scale of the renderings, it might even be two stories:eek:

hmmm...according to that article, they have found a way to deal with rain in central park, so i guess that rules out a "retractable roof".

Central park and atriums and royal promenade almost seems to be too much. As in too many huge open spaces, but im sure there will be intimate areas as well...

I dont think i would like to be on a ship with this size and amount of people...

It does like interesting though.

Here is a recent photo of the Genesis. It shows the eight decks of balcony cabins. It also shows that there will be an outside promenade deck but the difference will be that the lifeboats will hang down in this area which is different than the Voyager and Freedom class ships.

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/Ship+Photo+Project+Genesis/624643.jpg

Here is a recent photo of the Genesis. It shows the eight decks of balcony cabins. It also shows that there will be an outside promenade deck but the difference will be that the lifeboats will hang down in this area which is different than the Voyager and Freedom class ships.

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/Ship+Photo+Project+Genesis/624643.jpg

Is it me or do the "windows" look too small to be "sliding doors" leading on to the balconies? It might be the angle of the photo but it still looks small to me. Do you think it might be regular swing open doors and windows?

Is it me or do the "windows" look too small to be "sliding doors" leading on to the balconies? It might be the angle of the photo but it still looks small to me. Do you think it might be regular swing open doors and windows?

Hard to tell at this time. I think that it's the angle.

i still dont see an outside promenade/embarkation deck (like deck 4 on the voyager/freedom class ships).

You can see it here much better. You should be able to click on this photo and enlarge it. Move you curser over to the blue container that you see on the ship and click once to enlarge. You can see the promenade deck. It will not be as wide as we have been used to on the previous ships.

http://www.royalcaribbean-genesis.com/gallery/17485-11_Genesis.jpg

You can see it here much better. You should be able to click on this photo and enlarge it. Move you curser over to the blue container that you see on the ship and click once to enlarge. You can see the promenade deck. It will not be as wide as we have been used to on the previous ships.

http://www.royalcaribbean-genesis.com/gallery/17485-11_Genesis.jpg

Wow, it is narrower than other ships. I hope the lifeboats dont obstruct the view too much. Time will tell.

Wow, it is narrower than other ships. I hope the lifeboats dont obstruct the view too much. Time will tell.

Tyron, I think that RCI is building the Genesis with the same design of the Solstice when it comes to the promenade deck. The lifeboats will hang down and block the view in areas. They will also hang out where the Freedom are more tucked up and in. You can see on the second photo that shows the view of the boats from above.

web.jpg

web1.jpg

Tyron, I think that RCI is building the Genesis with the same design of the Solstice when it comes to the promenade deck. The lifeboats will hang down and block the view in areas. They will also hang out where the Freedom are more tucked up and in. You can see on the second photo that shows the view of the boats from above.

web.jpg

web1.jpg

cruisingator, from those renderings it doesn't look bad at all. actually it looks quite promising. thanks! :cool: :)

I was looking at that photo of the ship under construction and it does look like the balcony cabins might have traditional doors and windows instead of sliding doors. Also in that picture, you can see the "notch" in the forward part of the hull below the promenade deck where they will begin to curve into the bow. It is exciting to start to see details in the ship. Too bad they don't have a shipyard webcam up yet!

Archived