ONE DAY SALE - Feb 28, 2008

skylock

Thanks so much for posting this...I don't get the sale e-mails anymore either.:(

Two questions:

1. Is this a past guest sale or for anyone?

2. My cousin (first time cruiser) booked an IS on the Imagination and I see upgrades now from 4A to 4D. Can she use this sale to pick out a cabin??

Thanks for any info!:)

So I called my PVP to get OBC for the price difference on this sale since we already had our cruise booked. She told me that she couldn't do it b/c it is for new bookings only. I know a few people on here have already said their PVPs have adjusted their prices for them...

Is there any way to get a new PVP? Everytime I call mine she never answers or returns my messages, I always have to call her back a few times to talk to her...If I can get a new PVP how do I go about doing that since I already have the cruise booked?

And how did everyone else get their prices adjusted since it apparently says it is for new bookings only?

Any help would be appreciated!!

So I called my PVP to get OBC for the price difference on this sale since we already had our cruise booked. She told me that she couldn't do it b/c it is for new bookings only. I know a few people on here have already said their PVPs have adjusted their prices for them...

Is there any way to get a new PVP? Everytime I call mine she never answers or returns my messages, I always have to call her back a few times to talk to her...If I can get a new PVP how do I go about doing that since I already have the cruise booked?

And how did everyone else get their prices adjusted since it apparently says it is for new bookings only?

Any help would be appreciated!!

send me an e-mail

Just got a new invoice in my e-mail from my pvp with the adjusted price for the sale. On the top, it says 8E for 8A price. As for the question re: pvp refusing to adjust price 'cause it wasn't a new booking - you should still be able to get the price adjustment. Don't have to go thru your pvp. Just call Carnival, speak to anyone, and they should do it for you. Our booking was over 1 year old, and it was still adjusted.

Had already booked the 4 day Paradise over New Years. Couldn't get the upgrade had already booked the highest level. Did get a $100 reduction on balance. Booked an additional cabin for daughter on same cruise, same category she upgraded 4 levels (riviera to empress) and also got $100 off.

He also told me he could adjust my price anytime up until 60 days out. That would be paid in full date. Then it would be OBC a that point. I never see prices go down on holiday sellings though.

Gotta love my PVP!:p

Happy Cruising~

Donna

Newt98, I can't find your email anywhere, could you email me? michelerbooth@gmail.com.

I tried calling the 1888CARNIVAL number and speaking to someone there as well...one person tole me I would have to wait until Thursday, someone else told me that they couldn't do it b/c it wasn't a new booking....I am getting so frustrated b/c I know it can be done since everyone else is getting their prices adjusted!!!

Newt98, I can't find your email anywhere, could you email me? michelerbooth@gmail.com.

I tried calling the 1888CARNIVAL number and speaking to someone there as well...one person tole me I would have to wait until Thursday, someone else told me that they couldn't do it b/c it wasn't a new booking....I am getting so frustrated b/c I know it can be done since everyone else is getting their prices adjusted!!!

check your mail, i sent you some info.

I faked booked my Glory and it was an upgrade from 4A to 4G plus was $70 less, total.

I need to call my PVP anyway. I forwarded my "welcome home" email to him the day after I booked (2 weeks ago) and my $50 discount has not been applied to either booking.

What is the Welcome Home, please?

Sally

I was already planning on booking soon, so when I saw the sale, I emailed my PVP. He booked me 2 rooms. Paid for 6A and got 6D. Plus on the third passenger I got $30 off. Not a huge discount but I will take it. My PVP said he was glad I didn't wait til Thursday since I wanted adjoining rooms. They might not have still been available.

Here's my dumb question.

We booked our first cruise with a military discount and they were a little weird about it. But ended up with a Rivera deck room on the Ecstacy. Thats fine with us, just more exercise. However this sale would upgrade it to an Empress deck room. Now personally a few decks up isn't a huge thing. Remember this is our first cruise, we may change our mind. Also its just the 2 of us if the boys were going we might want to be higher.

Anyway my question is if they would upgrade it being it was a military price which is quite a bit lower than the going price or not?

Thanks!

Here's my dumb question.

We booked our first cruise with a military discount and they were a little weird about it. But ended up with a Rivera deck room on the Ecstacy. Thats fine with us, just more exercise. However this sale would upgrade it to an Empress deck room. Now personally a few decks up isn't a huge thing. Remember this is our first cruise, we may change our mind. Also its just the 2 of us if the boys were going we might want to be higher.

Anyway my question is if they would upgrade it being it was a military price which is quite a bit lower than the going price or not?

Thanks!

Just went through all this with my PVP today. You can either use the military discount or use the 1 day sale upgrade discounts, but not both.

I hope you enjoy your 1st cruise....We are hooked!

Chris

I just gotoff the phone with my PVP. For our 12-14-08 Legend sailing, she said that the "sale" price is higher than what we booked for using the past guest discount. We weren't elegible for an upgrade either because we already got a 2 cat. upgrade with the past guest discout. :(

Oh well, I'm quite happy with the price I'm paying and the cabin I've booked. Good luck to everyone else!

This may really sound like a stupid question, but what "code" do you use if you book online? Every time I try to do a fake booking, there is already a promo code listed. How do you change that or is there some place that lists promo codes for Carnival?

You just type over the code that's already listed. Highlight and delete or type over and it should work just fine.

Archived