Will Lifeboats Block the View on Island's Caribe Deck????

scottam

We've just booked a mini-suite on the Island Princess - D616 - for Feb 12, 2009.

Our Dolphin Deck (edited: I know the title says Caribe, but don't know how to correct it.) cabin seems to be positioned right above the life boats on the Emerald Deck. So, here's my question ... when we're standing at the railing of our balcony enjoying the lovely blue Caribbean water, will we instead be looking into the lifeboats? Or perhaps they are recessed? Also, will we be disturbed in the morning when they're dropping the boats down to be used for tendering?

We were on the Coral last year, and our cabin was D716, which was positioned farther back, away from the lifeboats, so I don't have firsthand knowledge of this. If anyone out there does, I would greatly appreciate your feedback! Thanks!

Unless you like to look straight down along the hull, you probably won't be aware that the lifeboats are down there.

We were in Coral's D606, and the boats certainly did not impinge on our views.

If they drop the boats on your side, you may well hear the winches.

I do feel better knowing our views won't be ruined, but am still a bit concerned about the possible noise. I may keep my eyes out for other cabins becomming available. Thank you so much for the info!

If you are on the 15 day, you should only have 1 tender port, and its only a 4-6 hour port stop, so you might not mind being awakened by the lowering of the tender boats.

Ccrain,

Thanks, I hadn't even considered how many ports would actually require a tender, if any. It's a 10-day cruise that visits the following ports:

Huatulco, Mexico

Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

Puerto Corinto, Nicaragua

Puntarenas, Costa Rica

Colon (Cristobal), Panama

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Ccrain,

Thanks, I hadn't even considered how many ports would actually require a tender, if any. It's a 10-day cruise that visits the following ports:

Huatulco, Mexico

Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

Puerto Corinto, Nicaragua

Puntarenas, Costa Rica

Colon (Cristobal), Panama

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Only Puerto Corinto, Nicaragua should be a tender port. Check My Princess.

Thanks everyone for addressing my concerns. Fortunately, we were just able to switch to one of the more aft Dolphin cabins that are fully covered and not right over the lifesboats (D705). Although our other cabin would have been ok, I am much happier with this change. Yay!

Archived