RCCL Visa - Getting Onboard Credits

Mark

Call the number on the back of the card and tell them you would like certificates. Tell them how many points you would like to redeem i.e. 5,000 or 20,000 etc. Don't ask for the obc or money off the cruise, they won't know what you are talking about. Once you get the certificates, there will be boxes on the back of them to check off to indicate what you want. Next, make copies of your certificates. Then mail them to C&A, the address will be on the certificates.

Can you get more than 1 cert pr sailing ie: IF 5,000pts gets 1 $50 OBC, could you redeem 3 for the same sailing? When you mail it to C & A do they apply it directly to your sailing?

What if you want to ask for the $150 discount on any ship/itinerary cert. Does that go to the booking agent or C & A?

Thanks!!

Don't ask for the obc or money off the cruise, they won't know what you are talking about. Once you get the certificates, there will be boxes on the back of them to check off to indicate what you want. .

I called Friday and the guy had no problem applying 15,000 points as onboard credit.

I did forget to make a copy before mailing, however. I wish you could check to see if you had OBC on the RCI website.

[EDIT]Nvm, I thought you were talking about the RCI rewards number and not the credit card number.

Patti, I have redeemed the certificate for the "free" 7 day cruise for two. We will be on the AOS sailing 4-20-08. I was told that once the certificate/voucher is issued you have 6 months to apply it. I have since accrued more points on the card and I am now receiving more 2 more vouchers that I will use for onboard credit.

If you're not sure about your sailing the agent stated that as long as I applied the voucher to a booking if I needed to change I could do so. You merely need to apply it to but not necessarily sail within the 6 mos.

Of course, I would double check the info, you don't always get the same explainations when talking to the agents. Remember, make the copies of the vouchers.

CArol

Archived